Engine 95 5.0 mustang engine problems and codes. please help! (MAF)

95dustang

Aug 19, 2020
Texas
Hi, Ive got a problem with my engine. sometimes during acceleration, i lose all power for less than a second, and then it comes back as if nothing happened. it also runs kind of funny, ive got a check engine light, and the only codes i have are 111, 10, 157 and 158. i thought that getting both codes 157 and 158 was weird, because 157 is low voltage and 158 is high voltage. I've tried to diagnose the issues by looking around my engine bay and searching the forums, but i havent seen anyone with the same problems i have. I've replaced all of my spark plugs, wires and coil, and ive checked my alternator and it's good. ive cleaned the MAF sensor but nothing has worked so far. I'm thinking that my MAF sensor could be boned and I'm trying to order a replacement, but everything is either super expensive, out of stock, or both. thanks for helping!

• Sponsors (?)

If you're counting blinks on the codes, you've miscounted because all of our codes are 3 digit codes. The 111 code is a separator code, so if it's the first code then there are no active codes being thrown. The other codes are stored codes, meaning the issue happened but it stopped happening at some point. Go ahead and check codes again. If you can afford it, go get a cheap Ford OBD1 code reader at your local auto parts store. It will count the blinks for you.

If you're looking to just throw parts at the problem, my guess is that your CCRM module is going out. Specifically, the relay for engine power is switching off periodically. There's no way to just change one relay, so you'd need to replace the whole unit.

If you're counting blinks on the codes, you've miscounted because all of our codes are 3 digit codes. The 111 code is a separator code, so if it's the first code then there are no active codes being thrown. The other codes are stored codes, meaning the issue happened but it stopped happening at some point. Go ahead and check codes again. If you can afford it, go get a cheap Ford OBD1 code reader at your local auto parts store. It will count the blinks for you.

If you're looking to just throw parts at the problem, my guess is that your CCRM module is going out. Specifically, the relay for engine power is switching off periodically. There's no way to just change one relay, so you'd need to replace the whole unit.
thanks, i actually have a code reader, its spitting out 157 and 158 at the same time. my check engine light goes off and on sometimes, its annoying.

where would i find the CCM module in my car?

that might work, my fan doesnt turn on, when i'm stopped at idle

it is a little bit on the expensive side, I'll take a look at it, thanks.

are there any other things that could be the problem? I'm ordering a new MAF sensor, should be coming in in a week or so.

i noticed something really.... funny... today. I started up my car because i was going to pull it up to my garage to check the grounds, and I realized that my voltage was going up and down, and with my voltage, the RPMs. The funniest thing about this is that the voltage is a fake gauge. I don't know what to think about this, do you know anything about what could be happening?