95 Mustang MegaSquirt tune or stock computer Chip tune?

Mazzzaaa

Jun 13, 2019
Atlanta
So I just bought a 95 Mustang 347 that needs a bad tuning runs very rich and doesn’t get nearly the power it should. I notice it has a megasquirt computer in it. The shop by me wants me to ditch the megasquirt and buy a regular 95 GT computer and custom tune a chip. Does this sound right? It looks like those megasquirts run around $800? Which would be best keep or ditch the megasquirt.

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on what ms it has in it. Can you get me a picture? How much are they going to charge you for a chip? They want to pull it out because they are not familiar with the system. Are you in an emmisions state?

Depends on what ms it has in it. Can you get me a picture? How much are they going to charge you for a chip? They want to pull it out because they are not familiar with the system. Are you in an emmisions state?
Shop wants $400 for the tune and $250 for the chip $650 total. I’ve attached a picture of what I found.

Attachments

• CF803DBA-A3D1-4B35-913C-5DB2EEDFCAC5.png
    CF803DBA-A3D1-4B35-913C-5DB2EEDFCAC5.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 275
Yeah.... sure.

My car is ms powered and so are dozens of other cars on this board.
Do you have a laptop? If so the tuning software is free for ms. You will need a simple rs232 adapter and a USB cable. If you are not comfortable tuning yourself I do offer classes and I tune cars all the time.

PM me for details.

Yeah.... sure.

My car is ms powered and so are dozens of other cars on this board.
Do you have a laptop? If so the tuning software is free for ms. You will need a simple rs232 adapter and a USB cable. If you are not comfortable tuning yourself I do offer classes and I tune cars all the time.

PM me for details.
I appreciate your input! I do have a laptop and they’re is a cord coming from the MS into the glove box that looks like it would be plugged into a computer

I run the same mspnp2. The megasquirt is better than any chip. They don't know what they're doing with MS. There's also a phone app for android phone called MSDroid it allows datalogging to the phone and gps mapping of driving routes.

A member here also makes very nice digital cluster that integrate everything in the dash. Baddest thing on the planet at a very good price.

A91what helps me out a bunch with my car....and a lot of other guys.

I run the same mspnp2. The megasquirt is better than any chip. They don't know what they're doing with MS. There's also a phone app for android phone called MSDroid it allows datalogging to the phone and gps mapping of driving routes.

A member here also makes very nice digital cluster that integrate everything in the dash. Baddest thing on the planet at a very good price.

A91what helps me out a bunch with my car....and a lot of other guys.

I have that exact same MS system in my 331 Stroker and dont have anywhere near that amount of power. The MS platform you have there can handle any of your needs and then some. In my opinion the MS platform out beats any chip that the shop can throw at it hands down.

I am also the one with the Digital Dash setup that directly connects your MS to your Digital Dash.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't walk away from that shop, run away as fast as possible.
They obviously want to sell you something you don't need.

What did the previous owner say about the car he sold you?
Why is it running so poorly?
It may not be a tune problem, probably something else, i.e. a vacuum leak

I fought
Don't walk away from that shop, run away as fast as possible.
They obviously want to sell you something you don't need.

What did the previous owner say about the car he sold you?
Why is it running so poorly?
It may not be a tune problem, probably something else, i.e. a vacuum leak
I bought it from a dealership that took it on a trade in so little is known. She runs good but doesn’t have the “power” it should is what o was told

I paid $575 and luckily megasquirt is based in Ga and I’m in GA. DIY autotune.com refered me to Doug at DBW motor sports. Only thing I was skeptical about is they seem to specialize in Subaru’s and Imports with the occasional mustang coming in.