98 Mustang no sound coming from left side of speakers w/ new stereo

Grimzy

Oct 21, 2021
Oklahoma
Hello, I have a 98 Mustang with the mach 460 sound systems. After the installation with my kenwood KMM Stereo, and Metra 70-5510 kit, my speakers on the left haven’t worked, both front and rear driver side. I hear slight buzzing on the left speakers but that’s it, everything else seems to work perfectly. My only guess would be that the rca cables for the left speakers are defective.

• Sponsors (?)

I do not know the kit, but do know stereo installation. Your installer most likely made a bad connection, (for me, that is myself and my helpers), or got wire colors mixed up. Eliminate those, and you are likely to have a cable issue. Next down the list is a bad channel in an output or input.
Do you have another RCA cable to test it with? If not, a multimeter on Ohms can test that cable, and plugging the R&L side (with the system off) and seeing if the problem switches sides when you turn it back on can help diagnose the cable.

I do not know the kit, but do know stereo installation. Your installer most likely made a bad connection, (for me, that is myself and my helpers), or got wire colors mixed up. Eliminate those, and you are likely to have a cable issue. Next down the list is a bad channel in an output or input.
Do you have another RCA cable to test it with? If not, a multimeter on Ohms can test that cable, and plugging the R&L side (with the system off) and seeing if the problem switches sides when you turn it back on can help diagnose the cable.
I appreciate the reply, it helped tremendously. I should be able to work on the stereo tomorrow or the weekend and see if I get any improvement and let the thread know.