Roush '99 Cobra Saleen Speedster - Should I Buy It?

• Sponsors (?)

wsbrigham said:
I thinking of trading my S281 SC in for a '99 Saleen Cobra NA Convertible w/11,000 miles. The dealership is asking $25,000. What do you think I should do?

First check with Liz@saleen to verify the car. Keep the vin handy as she will need it to verify the info.
Second, the saleen cobra's are even more rare then our S351's. I guess it is a matter of preference, but I would buy or keep whatever makes YOU happy. I, personally, would go with the Saleen Cobra. More potential out of those DOHC engines :nice:

Thanks a bunch for the information!! I spoke with Saleen and the car is legit. I then talked the Ford dealership down to 23k, so I decided to buy it. The car is super cherry; owned by an older couple and not a single chip in the front bumper. The car was seriously babied. I did, though, decide to keep my '01 SC. I just couldn't let go of it.

I have to say that that Cobra motor pulls nicely. The redlline is right at 7k rpm. I can't wait to drop a supercharger into it. Any suggestions as to a setup?

~ Billy
'01 S281-SC #201
'99 S281 NA Cobra #357

wsbrigham said:
Thanks a bunch for the information!! I spoke with Saleen and the car is legit. I then talked the Ford dealership down to 23k, so I decided to buy it. The car is super cherry; owned by an older couple and not a single chip in the front bumper. The car was seriously babied. I did, though, decide to keep my '01 SC. I just couldn't let go of it.

I have to say that that Cobra motor pulls nicely. The redlline is right at 7k rpm. I can't wait to drop a supercharger into it. Any suggestions as to a setup?

~ Billy
'01 S281-SC #201
'99 S281 NA Cobra #357

Pics??

they have to be hosted somewhere to do them with img tags

best bet would be attatchment just make sure theyre resized and/or not too big

IMG_20160803_191955.jpg

~ Billy
'01 S281-SC #201
'99 S281 NA Cobra #357