99+ PBR rear brakes on LSC axle?

So I've found my LSC rear brakes may be too big when I run PBR brakes up front. The brake bias will be too much in the rear, even with a proportioning valve cranked to the back.
Does anyone know if I can swap the 99+ PBR calipers on the LSC rear end? I'm sure the brackets are different, how about the spacing for the rotor on the LSC axles?
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

You would be going totally custom on the brackets. I do recall seeing some info on using the PBR calipers on rear disc that someone did on an older, 60's Ford, Mustang or Falcon or similar I think. He designed and cut his own brackets for use with his rearend, which I think was a 9" rear. Of course you would give up the ability to have a parking brake, and that could be an issue if you have inspections to deal with.

I have mine dialed all the way to the max reduction, and it is just about perfect as far as F/R bias with the 13" PBRs front, Lincoln rears. I have also read about others that have used the adjustable PV in tandem with a stock style PV, probably the SVO unit. I don't know how the Saleens adjusted their brakes, as they used the same SVO brake setup. Just a couple of other things to look at.

Can you post your total setup, like which master cylinder your using etc. I've heard some people say no way this setup will work but your the first that is actually using it.
This will be a road racing/auto crossing car, I know drag racers get away with this setup as they aren't so concerned with the front and rear bias.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Eric

Why would you want to? The PBR's are a stronger caliper than the LSC's rear caliper. If anything you would make your problem even worse.

What do you have up front for brakes?

The PBR's like on the 99+ GT are actually used on the rear of GM trucks. Next time you see an avalance or silverado, look at the rear calipers and they make look very familiar to you. They are back there for towing because they are some pretty powerful calipers.

LSC rear brakes are powerful. That's why they came on a big heavy lincoln. The SVo ran them, but with serious reduction in pressure. Some guys have made them work by NOT gutting the factory prop valve and leaving it intact AND installing the adjustable prop valve on the firewall. This way pressure is reduced twice. You could also run a stickier, wider tire, and inferior pads to reduce bias.

Personally i think the setup is antiquated. The calipers are heavy and large and parts are expensive. Sn95 is the way to go.