A/C compressor only comes on when I jump it

• Sponsors (?)

EDIT: I just re-read my earlier post. I did come across as bitchy... For what it's worth, I apologize for that. It's been a long, very bad day (I won't bore you with the details here), and I shouldn't have been so damned grouchy with you for it, it's not your fault.

No problem, we all have :poo: days. I think we might have scared another one off though.

Kurt

Hell, sometimes that happens without an argument... and sometimes Mike does it... and sometimes... :SN: as a whole does it, we're kind of intimidating as a group sometimes.

Hopefully @1995Beast comes back though. :doh:

This place is pretty laid back compared to most places. I went out and looked at the compressor today, and there is a place to screw a valve into it, but you're probably right, he was checking the low side, and the gauge was either very innacurate, or there is a blockage. If you get a bunch of moisture or way too much oil, and it can do that. Sometimes it's better to go have a pro look at it, but there's a danger in that. They've got your car, it's too easy, and suddenly you give in to a $1000 AC job.

Kurt

Haha fun conversations there. So the mechanic said my high/low pressure switch was bad and that I had a leak @ the valve where you put in refrigerant. He also said it was completely empty. $200 and I have a fully charged, sealed system. I can live with that. Thanks for all the input guys and gals.

Reactions: 1 users
Hell, sometimes that happens without an argument... and sometimes Mike does it... and sometimes... :SN: as a whole does it, we're kind of intimidating as a group sometimes.

Hopefully @1995Beast comes back though. :doh:

Ain't that the truth :rlaugh:

Particularly when a new member comes in and inadvertently rekindles a conversation that's been running between members for years. LoL

It can be difficult for folks to separate the object of the discussion from themselves and take offense to elements of the argument.

I'm sure that when it happens they think it went something like this:
:gtfo:

Reactions: 1 users