Ac Help

I have a 1995 v8 5.0. I replaced every part on my ac and I put a vacuum on it and it was at 30 and I waited and it did not move. So I started filling Freon into the system and it’s has 90psi on the low side and 0 on the high side the ac clutch is working perfectly and spinning but it won’t transfer psi to high side does anyone know what’s wrong?
The compressor is brand new.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

If you get a lot of moisture or air in there, it will act like a jammed orifice tube. Run the vacuum pump on it for about 45 minutes and boil everything off.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
My brand new ac compressor seized up why do you think it happened.
I put all the oil through the high side service port.
Honestly, probably just a :poo: AC compressor. What brand was it? When it comes to AC compressors, you have to read every line of those directions. Not suggesting you didn't, but. Compressors are usually pre serviced with about 3 oz of oil. Then you have to go to a website to see the total amount and grade of oil your particular vehicle needs. You pour it directly into the compressor before installing.

Kurt

OEM and Denso (same thing actually) are the preferred compressors, but I would say Four Seasons is a close second. I've had bad Denso ones out of the box.

Kurt

I have a 1995 v8 5.0. I replaced every part on my ac and I put a vacuum on it and it was at 30 and I waited and it did not move. So I started filling Freon into the system and it’s has 90psi on the low side and 0 on the high side the ac clutch is working perfectly and spinning but it won’t transfer psi to high side does anyone know what’s wrong?
The compressor is brand new.
Replaced everything? Evaporator, receiver drier, condenser? When you have the Ford dealer flush it, they will replace the manifold and hoses too. Then you will have replaced everything. Used to flush these for a living. Bad days that flush is nasty stuff! Ford used to make a few filter kits for nylon or rubber hose to install on the suction low side hose. Good luck. Might be cheaper to replace everything yourself than to have the dealer flush it. They did not let us flush hoses under warranty so we had to replace them.

Replaced everything? Evaporator, receiver drier, condenser? When you have the Ford dealer flush it, they will replace the manifold and hoses too. Then you will have replaced everything. Used to flush these for a living. Bad days that flush is nasty stuff! Ford used to make a few filter kits for nylon or rubber hose to install on the suction low side hose. Good luck. Might be cheaper to replace everything yourself than to have the dealer flush it. They did not let us flush hoses under warranty so we had to replace them.
Disassemble compressor and inspect. Add filter and run with new compressor for a few minutes. Remove filter cut apart and inspect is the only sure way to know if flush is needed