Aftermarket Cardone air pump and BBK cats are pissing me off!

aztecgwynn

Apr 3, 2015
Getting tired of this aftermarket stuff that does not last at all!
First BBK ceramic cats didn't last but 6 months ceramics inside started rattling inside converters!
Second Cardone air pump 3 years now that making noise and come to find out bearings may be going out!
Yes I am aware there are warranties BBK was pain because had to drive back to Temecula to replace cats only to find out employee who did exchange told me not too use them much; "cheap converters made by Flowmaster and will keep falling apart"!
Now this damn Cardone air pump for some reason these were inexpensive 3 years ago on Rock Auto $59 now it has gone out or is going out and Rock Auto sells for $168 and same 1 year warranty!
But O Reilly has same part Cardone 32-219 in stock but they want $214 for same part but offer limited lifetime warranty, and Summit racing no longer carries air pump anymore!
But I love my car so I have to man up and pay the $214!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The bearing in the airpumps can be replaced. When mine started to go, I pulled the pump apart, removed the bearing, searched the numbers on it and bought a new one for about $10. Been on my car ever since.

The bearing P/N is buried somewhere in my progress thread if you want to search for it and take that route. I agree though that the rebuilt pumps are ridiculous in pricing, which was why I just rebuilt my own.

Reactions: 1 users