Alright so my dad beefed up his Z28 vert LT1 with 4.10's..is he gonna beat me?

• Sponsors (?)

with your mods if you can drive you should take him without a bottle. The Lt1 sounds like a mid to high 13 car...maybe...maybe lower 13's but I would doubt it. With your mods you should be in the low 13's if not high 12's with a good driver.

At least I would hope so with a TFS top end kit

Does a 10PSI turbo create as much torque as a 100 shot? I'm honestly asking, not being a dick.

It's torque that kills transmissions, and nitrous makes TONS of torque. A 100 shot is known to make ~200lb/ft of torque....his car probably is close to 300 lb/ft n/a. I'd imagine that his T5 will NOT last very long at 500lb/ft.

Lots of factors involved with this if you ask me. Really depends on how you drive the car. I know stock unmodified cars that won't hold up with a T-5. I also know a friend that has a 351 with a vortech on his T-5.... holds up just fine. Really depends on HOW you drive them. Nitrous isn't something you use everyday.... unless you are one rich mofo. :lol:

I predict that I will beat him too. I was just checking though. For one thing, my car is putting down close to 300rwhp now and that equates to roughly 360-380FWHP and he is making like 325FWHP..unless the LT-1's are like the LS1's and putting down more power than stated. I can tell you though, that his car's torque curve is sick. However, when I drove it with 3.42's it was not even close to mine though...

Hi Nacho. My throttle cable is only going to fit a 87-93. I would like to sell it to you but it will not work on your car unfortunately.

p.s. I think it is pretty cool have a 5.0 putting out more power than a 5.7

What year Z.......I raced a friend with 3:73's and several SLP options and if your dad has only the upgrades listed you will take him if you have the TFS set up tuned well........My friend has corvette 11.whatever rims and can't get it to hook well even with 3:73's......best he ran was a low 14....