• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Alternative coil location

  • Thread starter Thread starter sigsterrr
  • Start date Start date Mar 11, 2019

sigsterrr

Active Member
Jan 12, 2019
120
75
38
Florida
Mar 11, 2019
#1
  • Mar 11, 2019
  • #1


So I’m trying to find a good place to hide the coil close to the distributor. I ordered a set of the livewire plug wires and want to use the coil lead in the kit. I’ve smoothed out my engine bay so on the fender doesn’t work. I notice it will fit between the distributor and ac compressor. Has anyone ran one here? Other suggestions, besides stock location.
 

stanglx2002

CT Material here
15 Year Member
Jul 7, 2005
1,563
1,110
164
Mar 11, 2019
#2
  • Mar 11, 2019
  • #2
You could get one of the 94/95 coil brackets that places it similar to that location. I would just be worried to place it in the location you have due to the heat in that area.
 
Reactions: sigsterrr

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
2,607
1,094
184
stl
Mar 11, 2019
#3
  • Mar 11, 2019
  • #3
Can you hind it in the fender and run a longer wire?
 

stanglx2002

CT Material here
15 Year Member
Jul 7, 2005
1,563
1,110
164
Mar 11, 2019
#4
  • Mar 11, 2019
  • #4
Typically you want to keep the ignition coil wire and short as possible to reduce the amount of resistance in the wire.
 
Reactions: sigsterrr

sigsterrr

Active Member
Jan 12, 2019
120
75
38
Florida
Mar 11, 2019
#5
  • Mar 11, 2019
  • #5
stanglx2002 said:
You could get one of the 94/95 coil brackets that places it similar to that location. I would just be worried to place it in the location you have due to the heat in that area.
Click to expand...

I checked them out after reading this. Not a bad idea, but it puts them right on top of the valve covers and I have ac.

Biilison I want to keep the wires short buddy.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Engine My engine dies after running 10 to 15 minutes under high heat.
  • Wylieone
  • Jun 21, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
250
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 22, 2026
Mustang5L5
O
Sooty/Oily Front Engine & Pulleys
  • ozenator
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
398
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 22, 2026
Blackhawkxx
A
Resolved Electrical Help Please
  • Alabama
  • Jan 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
332
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 22, 2026
AeroCoupe
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
348
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
W
Megasquirt base tune for 94 5.0
  • wrx757
  • Mar 6, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
289
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 6, 2026
wrx757
W
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?