Another which cam... w/ TFS R intake and vic jr heads

fords2fast4u

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2000
Mission Viejo, CA
I was thinking that I'd need at least a mid to high .500" lift cam for my 393 build. I have the 75mm opening TFS R 351W intake, and victor jr heads so far...

I was looking into the Comp cams full valvetrain kits since i'll need to convert to roller anyways. summit sells them for $750.

the XR288RFHR has .555/.576 lifts with 110º lobe seperation.

I want to keep the RPM range inline with the intake's (2000-6500) as this car will be on the street.

thoughts and ideas please!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

anderson motorsport makes some nice cams an ive only heard good things about them. maybe check them out. maybe even a ford cam? the E or F would be around what your lookin for. i believe the E is .512 on lift...you could throw 1.7s on it an that would be a good setup. higher .500's will have a higher powerband then your lookin for. i would stay around .550 maybe a lil less. just my opinion maybe it will help you.

yeah the comp kits come in all sizes from high .400s to low .600's and since i'll need a whole valve train i figured it might be worth it to just buy the whole kit.

I'll check into anderson. I've heard good things about them as well.

anyone else?

Im with Aliate. Thats some serious air being pumped into a stroker. Anderson will give you their recommendations for your set up when you call them though. Anderson or custom would be the best way to go in my opinion