Any 1993 Cobra owners or 87-88 t-bird axle owners? I need a couple pics

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Does anyone own a '93 Cobra or have an 87-88 turbo coupe complete axle under their car with OEM brake lines??? I need pics of the rear axle hard lines. I just need a quick shot from the rear showing how the line connects to the caliper soft lines.

I bought a set of new SS axle lines for a '93 CObra for my car and the ends will not match my SN95 caliper softlines. I'm curious to how it matches up with the '93 cobra or thunderbird.

• Sponsors (?)

Hope this helps. It's an old T/C axle i have laying around. I was to lazy to climb under the car.

SANY0043.jpg

SANY0044.jpg

That does help..a lot!! Thanks! Can you snap 1 more pic for me please if it's not too much trouble. Can you get a shot of the center diff from the top? I want to see how the brake lines connect to the T on top. EDIT: nvm, i can see from the pic you added it's slightly different. Guess i can't use 87-88 t-bird lines. :(

The setup does confuse me though. Basically the ends are like the SN95 and Mark 7. I expected them to be so, HOWEVER, every time I order lines for a '93 Cobra, the ends are nothing like the above.

I bought a set second hand (but new) off corral from an unknown vendor, and then i bought new lines from classic tube and they are the same.

Anyone know how these bad boys are supposed to hook up on a'93 Cobra?? Because they are nothing line an SN95 or the t0bird setup above.

Here is my problem. I've already installed the axle with parts store lines i've bent myself, but I want to install OEM lines on it.
pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1137873

pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1137874

TWO different sets of lines and they both look like this. So how do the brakes of the cobra differ from the t-bird??

wish i could be more help but i'm just useing stock t/c brakes on my car. I'm guessing you went 5 lug? I'm gearing up to use the re-worked t/c rotors when i do my 5 lug swap. it's still a 4 luger

Here is my problem and what I'm trying to fix.

I want SS lines that would be like OEM on this axle. I don't have the $400 flaring tool needed to flare SS lines (normal brake line can be done with the $40 parts store tools..but not SS)

Trying to find a OEM, Stainless Steel brake hard line i can specify that will bolt up to the center T-fitting like a Fox Mustang, but have the same ends as the SN95 and your t-bird axle.

pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1131611

Those loops are too big and the body bumpers on the frame rails would crush them, so i had to bend them way out of the way to avoid that. Under the car, it looks like crap, so I want something better.

Ah, so it's totally different from a Fox Mustang.

Thanks again.

I'm starting to think there is no OEM setup that would work on a Fox with SN95 brakes

None that i have found so far. Thats one reson i'm going to use the 94 5 lug axles with the re-drilled t/c rotor. I would rather keep the stock look over the homemade look. (not that yours looks bad) Plus i have all new O.E. hard and soft lines in a box "someplace"

Classic Tube does. I ordered some for a '93 Cobra and they came like pictured above in post #5.

OHHHHH! I missed that. Do They sell pre-bent for a T/C? I have no idea what the lines look like on a 93 Cobra. I thought the Cobra and the T/C used the same lines. I know the brakes are the same but i don't know about the lines. Even at that the ones they sent you don't even look close to working. I guess one way to find out is to call any auto parts store and look up part numbers for the soft line on the Cobra and the T/C. If there the same part number it would lead me to belive they sent you the wrong lines.

Here are a couple pictures of mine. You could always bend your line the way you want and them take them to someone who makes lines and have what you want made. If you notice I have one new tube on my axle. I had it bent up local here is So Cal by a company named Bonaco and it only cost me $20. I also had them change the ends of some braided steel line for my Explorer when I did the SAS on it.

I also have my nephews 89 LX here that I can take a picture of if you want it.

100_0601.JPG

100_0602.JPG

I looked this up on the Autozone website

93 Cobra rear soft lines. part #77615....Both sides
88 T/C rear soft line. Part #70024......Drivers side
70025.......pass side

Even the caliper for the rear are a diffrent part # p4508 for the T/C and p4508b. "those are loaded caliper #'s"

Brake pads are diffrent part #'s also. MKD545 for T/C and D347 for the Cobra

The rotors are the same part number

I guess the lines and calipers for the Cobra and T/C are not the same.
learn something new everyday. I thought they were the same...:shrug: