anybody buy parts from a user name of keri hope on here?

89fiveliter

Nov 5, 2009
Well i was going to send him some money for the edelbrock heads and tfs cam he is selling for cheap.But it was just weird, he wont accept paypal.......just cash or moneygram and hes in canada to boot. He mispelled his name on the email and the address' he gave me are clothing shops or it was a bar......it could be a great deal, but its getting to be a little shady. keri hope is a female on facebook, its been a man ive been talking to on the phone saying hes keri hope. Then he said its his wifes facebook page, on the page it says keri is a female.....anybody have any previous experience with this guy or is this a scam......?

• Sponsors (?)

Keep searching. If this guy won't work with you on the payment method, walk away. Sending Cash and Money Orders are as good as pissing your money into the toilet should this guy change his mind and not want to send the stuff.

I suggest an unbiased 3rd party system if you're going to buy anything out of Country.

The most important advice I can give you is, that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Try looking his Phone number up here http://www.canada411.ca/ and see what you come up with.

Did you talk to him on the phone? When I sell a part or a car I always talk to someone on the phone!On other Mustang Sites I don't buy anything unless that person has good feedback and many posts,sometimes the best deal is the one you walk away from!

i did talk to him on the phone. it still just feels weird, he just joined this month and also all hes done on the site is post stuff in the classifieds.Im afraid he took a name and is going off of that,keri being a name for both a guy or a girl ya know. Its killing me cuz NIB edlebrock heads and NIB TFS stage 1 cam for $575 shipped is a little shady LOL! But man that would be nice! Well i told him if he would take the money over a paypal i would do it.WHo knows,if i dont get them im sure i'll hear about somebody on here that bought them and how great of a deal it was! :shrug:

It does sound fishy but when I do online selling I do NOT accept paypal either. I only do money orders or checks from trusted people/people with positive feedback.

i did talk to him on the phone. it still just feels weird, he just joined this month and also all hes done on the site is post stuff in the classifieds.

Joined what site? Posted Classifieds where? :shrug:
It does sound fishy but when I do online selling I do NOT accept paypal either. I only do money orders or checks from trusted people/people with positive feedback.

Great for you, but it offers ZERO security for the buyer.

Joined what site? Posted Classifieds where? :shrug:
this site were on, stangnet.com. and the classifieds here on stangnet.com.....he has other stuff for sale too. look in the classifieds under the engine parts and his user name is keri hope. maybe someone lives close to him and would be able to get a great deal without the gamble of losing out due to a scam

Great for you, but it offers ZERO security for the buyer.

exactly

this site were on, stangnet.com. and the classifieds here on stangnet.com.....he has other stuff for sale too. look in the classifieds under the engine parts and his user name is keri hope. maybe someone lives close to him and would be able to get a great deal without the gamble of losing out due to a scam

Checked the IP....states they are in fact broadcasting from Alberta, Canada if that helps.

Dont do it unless he accepts paypal. There is not ONE good thing about anything you have listed there. Address doesnt add up, names dont add up, moneygram or cash is a CLEAR sign that its a scam. He receives the money and doesnt send you the parts, there is no way of tracking your payment. Just dont do it. I do a lot of online buying and selling as well and in a situation like this I would just laugh and not even think twice. I have never bought anything from anyone of stangnet classifieds, I prefer Corral because of their feedback system. In my opinion talking to someone on a phone doesnt mean squat. They could be calling you from any number and what are you going to tell the police, I heard the guy on the phone, this is what he sounds like.

Just for kicks send that person on facebook and message and see if her husband is selling that stuff, or if she even knows what you are talking about.