Anybody know how to get rid of the seatbelt safety chime???

What do you mean it isn't mandated here? Everywhere I've been its against the law to operate a car without wearing a seat belt....

I was in an accident about 3 years ago and I was cited for not wearing my seatbelt ( even though I disproved that with physical evidence ).

• Sponsors (?)

... i got a wife for that , at least i get something from her.

You do? Wow, i should try to talk my wife into something along those lines... so few and far between i think she forgot how...

anyway, i agree with you on the smoking thing, i think smoking bans in public places that you have to be 18+ to get into are rediculous. However, I do think that wearing a seatbelt for the strong possibility of saving your life in a wreck is pretty much a no-brainer... no offence intended, not calling you stupid or nothin, but I have seen (with my own eyes)way more people have their lives saved from seatbelts than I have even heard of being injured by them. Just my worthless .02...

I don't think anyone is meaning to offend... We as individuals all have an opinion and as such, our views are quiet different. I have stated the facts and I hope that someone in the future will see them and think twice about going un-buckled but that is up to them.

Often, people over look the fact that not wearing a seat belt puts other people in your car, or in another person's car in danger.

My entire family is in the medical profession, and I can't tell you how many real life trauma videos (were the aftermath was shown) I have seen were unbuckled occupants in the back seat flew into the front seats, consequently killing both passenger and driver who WERE wearing seat belts and had dual front/side airbags deployed - at speeds of 35-50 mph. Or in head on collisions or T-Bones were the driver of one vehicle flies thew the windshield of their vehicle, threw the windshield or driver side window of the OTHER vehicle, consequently killing the driver of that car - again at speeds of 35-50 mph.

There is absolutely no logical explanation as to why people chose to drive without a seat belt. It should be a law in all states, enforced with penalties, because your actions no longer have consequences for yourself, but for others.

Reactions: 1 user
i agree with the sentiment that if i don't want to wear my seatbelt, i shouldn't have to. i'm not affecting your safety or anyone else's on the road for that matter, so mind your own.

that said, i choose to wear my seatbelt every time i hit the road—but it should be my choice.

anyway, i don't see why this thread was derailed into a debate about wearing or not wearing your seatbelt. the guy asked how to disable the chime, not for statistics on how many people live or die as a result of not wearing their seatbelt.

i've disabled the beltminder chime in my car as well. in the morning when leaving my apartment complex, i drive through the garage with my seatbelt off. the damn chime is obnoxious (and it's loud.) once i've held my keycard to the scanner and the arm goes up i put my seatbelt on. same with coming home—once i enter the garage i remove my seatbelt, but i don't want to hear the beltminder as i drive down 2 levels through the parking garage.

the guy who posted could have very well been asking for a similar reason and the last thing he wants or needs is every motherly-natured person on here lecturing him on wearing his seatbelt.

:Zip2:

dude this is america if i dont want to wear my seat belt i should not have to hear a buzzer, you cant smoke they tell eveybody what to do,how to do it, when to do it, i got a wife for that , at least i get something from her.
There's a reason every racing series requires seatbelts. THEY SAVE LIVES. also your airbag will kill you if you get in a wreck while not wearing your belts so please disable that too if you do insist on guaranteeing you don't survive your next wreck.