anybody replace their ignition?

tsoccer3299

Mar 21, 2004
Tacoma
im having some ignition problems and think its from the accel ignition module that was in my car when i bought it. The only stock parts i did not get with the car was the whole ignition system. So if anybody here has replaced there stock ignition with the accel, msd, or any other kit i would be very interested in buying or at least borrowing anything, cause right now the car is stuck here in my driveway and wont fire up.

• Sponsors (?)

tsoccer3299 said:
im having some ignition problems and think its from the accel ignition module that was in my car when i bought it. The only stock parts i did not get with the car was the whole ignition system. So if anybody here has replaced there stock ignition with the accel, msd, or any other kit i would be very interested in buying or at least borrowing anything, cause right now the car is stuck here in my driveway and wont fire up.

Have you checked to see if the car has spark? If so, then the module is good.
Have you checked the condition of the cap and rotor?
How bout' the coil wire?
Have you checked to see if there is fuel at the schrader valve?

Just asking...
DD

car has intermittent spark. the one time it did has a little spark it fired up. but 10 minutes later it was back to nothing. already replaced the cap and rotor and yes it does spin. The only part i havent been able to check is the ignition module which i think has gone out. I just dont know where else to look.

tsoccer3299 said:
car has intermittent spark. the one time it did has a little spark it fired up. but 10 minutes later it was back to nothing. already replaced the cap and rotor and yes it does spin. The only part i havent been able to check is the ignition module which i think has gone out. I just dont know where else to look.

You could call / e-mail Jeff (or Jeff) at All Ford, they might be able to help. (see link in my sig)
Or ask Chung at Blue Oval if he has one... (the king of rat-holed parts)

Dave-
:flag: :nice:

OOH!
you sound like me last month..
the ignition module is the cheapest fix, it is on the pass side fenderwell under the airbox. you will still have the module even if you had an aftermarked ignition liek an MSD 6AL. if it still doesnt' fire, it could be the coil trying to work but broken.

my .02