Anyone else notice there are a lot of junk 99-04 Mustangs on the road?

Ateup

Sep 21, 2009
Seems like half the 99-04 Mustangs I see on the road are POS. It's almost rare when you see one that has obviously been taken care of.

• Sponsors (?)

ya i wont lie, mine def needs a paint job which i have been tryin to get taken care of but just am never able to do it for some reason when i get the chance, seems like i will have all the pieces of the puzzle exept one. it sucks. everything else on the car is great, suspension is done some motor work, rear end. tranny only has like 10k miles on it. just no paint yet but that will def change as soon as i can get everything together for it.

I don't see many that are riced out. Do see a bunch that look like they've never had the brake dust even hosed off the front wheels though.

Seems like half the 99-04 Mustangs I see on the road are POS. It's almost rare when you see one that has obviously been taken care of.

My stang is the most important thing I have in my life
I detail her every week looks like new. And no I'm not NUTS.
Just taken care of what I have worked hard for

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, but seems like there are a higher % of Stangs in crap shape than there are say...Toyota Camrys or Nissan Maximas.
Different group of car. Majority of people that would buy a mustang tend to be younger and really don't have the idea or means to take care of a car. The family cars sometimes have to last a family so many years. So they get taken care of a little bit better.

There is a group of younger people that do take care of their mustang. They become the enthiuest rather then the guy that sits around years latter saying his mustang was a POS, or it was the baddest mother****er in town.

Piss on it, let em go to ****. Makes mine stand out that much more.:D

When you buy a really well used one that has been kept up you really thank the previous owner. I really wish people would take care of them better, but thats just how it goes.

Yeah, but seems like there are a higher % of Stangs in crap shape than there are say...Toyota Camrys or Nissan Maximas.

because these car really see any abuse? generally you buy a mustang to abuse the crap out of not to keep as a garage queen , its a cheap car. hell , people here buy a 99-2004 as a beater for work around here , a used clean with 30-40K km is in the price range of a Stripped V4 Altima round here :)

i picked out my mustang for 21k usd in early 2004 , 0 on the odo , which is the price range of a new Maxima or v6 Altima or a fully loaded V6 Camry.

Different group of car. Majority of people that would buy a mustang tend to be younger and really don't have the idea or means to take care of a car. The family cars sometimes have to last a family so many years. So they get taken care of a little bit better.

There is a group of younger people that do take care of their mustang. They become the enthiuest rather then the guy that sits around years latter saying his mustang was a POS, or it was the baddest mother****er in town.

I agree there are way to many beat up mustangs on the road and it sucks to see that. My friends always get on me about why do i detail my car every weekend. My car is in failry good condition just same fading paint on the roof and a few little DD dents, but i like to keep it looking as good as possible. I love getting thumbs up, and looks when sitting in traffic :nice:.
To me if people dont want to take care of their car's, thats better for the people like us all on stangnet, because it makes our cars stand out better in traffic:nice:

I got my Mustang when I was 18, have always taken care of it. I don't view cars as an object that is intended to get me from point A to B. To me, they are a hobby that I am very passionate about. Racing, working on, fixing, cleaning, whatever. I like it all.

There are only a few junk-'Stangs in my area, with the majority going to the Fox Body crowd. So many beat to **** 4 cylinders and 5.0 "hot-rods" that are almost not road worthy. Next up is the 96-98 V6 crowd, just as bad.

As far as 99 and up cars, there are very few in poor shape around here... the ones that are are USUALLY V6 cars, but I have seen a few GT's that have been badly mis-treated.