Anyone have a LOT of miles on a 03 Cobra? Like 100,000?

Bobert

May 18, 2005
There's one for sale here that I was told has high miles, almost 100,000 mostly highway miles. I would expect these cars to last a long time, but just wondering if anyone's put a lot of miles on these cars and how they've been holding up.

I'm expecting that they hold up pretty well if the owner is pretty responsible and sane with it.

• Sponsors (?)

My best guess would be to pass. High mileage on a car so new probably wont lower the blue book price to be worth it. Really, if the difference is say 3 grand, Id much rather pay the difference then buy such a high powered car with so many miles. Just my 2 cents

I've seen a few 96+ Cobras with lots of miles, I'm guessing around 100,000 or more. Never heard of any problems.

Once I saw an 03 Cobra, it became my dream. I figured I'd wait a few years till they would drop into my price range and I'd ****** up a nice used one. I didn't think miles would be too much of a concern if the car seemed to be in good shape and not raced to death. I'll check this one out, probably pass, then look for a better paying job :p

Bobert said:
There's one for sale here that I was told has high miles, almost 100,000 mostly highway miles. I would expect these cars to last a long time, but just wondering if anyone's put a lot of miles on these cars and how they've been holding up.

I'm expecting that they hold up pretty well if the owner is pretty responsible and sane with it.

100 grand on an 03 cobra? you'd have to drive cross country once a week to do that! anyone who puts that kind of mileage on an 03 cobra has more money than sense.

If you could get it cheap enough, go for it !! For instance, if its around $18,000, you'd score a complete Cobra and probably a decent payment, then do some mild mods and save up for a bottom end rebuild. I saw a 03 with 64k miles for $21,000 this time last year, too bad I was broke as a joke.

BensCobra said:
you might also want to keep tabs on ebay and autotrader.com, i saw an 03 cobra for 25k but you either need to be willing to travel or pay out the a$$ to have it shipped

i disagree, the 03 cobra has such strong internals i dont think it would be worth it. get a 96-98 cobra or 03-04 mach 1 and do an extensive rebuild, and do cams, ported heads and intake or maybe even a stroker. THEN bolt on a blower, i mean if you are going to spend that much money and make it worth it.