Anyone have pics of the Saleen hood? Not the Extreme.

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. I'm looking to find pics of a 99-04 with the Saleen hood. I'm not looking for the Extreme hood with all the louvers however. The one that is similar to the 04 Cobra hood is what I'd like to see. They have one in carbon fiber on Ebay, and I'm playing around with ideas in my head. They sell CF endplates for my Steeda wing, and I could do some CF detailing, and leave a Boss style hood stripe of bare CF on the hood, and make it a clean theme. There's a guy in my local stang club with a smilar idea on his car, only with a Cobra R hood and more of a drag look, and it looks awesome. So if anyone has a pic or too around, I'd appreciate getting a look at it actually on a car.
h75cf.jpg

h75cf_3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

that is a bad ass looking hood. and i know it may sound a bit ricerish, but depending on the color of the car, i like a bare CF hood. DSG, mineral grey, black, sonic blue and true blue. reds, light silver, green not so much.

your idea of painting the hood and leaving the bare cf stripes is a really good idea though.

that is a bad ass looking hood. and i know it may sound a bit ricerish, but depending on the color of the car, i like a bare CF hood. DSG, mineral grey, black, sonic blue and true blue. reds, light silver, green not so much.

your idea of painting the hood and leaving the bare cf stripes is a really good idea though.

I totally agree, the color of the car has a lot to do with it....I am kind of wanting one for my black GT!

I like it, I just wish it had a bit more cowl to it. Not as big as a Cobra R style, but a little more rise would be nice. I'm looking at it more because I want the heat extractor function to help keep underhood temps down when my blower goes in.

I meant a hard time finding cars with this Saleen hood. Seems most guys who are going aftermarket on a non-Saleen buy the 281E hood, which I am not crazy about. This hood I think would add to the raked look I want my car to have.