Anyone know where to find Saleen style wheels 5 lug in black 18 x 8 for the front of my Fox?

silverlx50

15 Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
Just like it says, 94-04 Saleen style wheel 5 lug in 18x8 for the front of my 93 Cobra?

Screenshot_20210812-135240_Chrome.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I've never seen them that narrow, even real ones were 8.5 and 10, you could just have them modified.
With that said, i don't think i would be putting saleen wheels on a 93 cobra.
Look into makers garage, they were taking pre orders on 18 inch 93 cobra wheels.

They never came in 8”. If they did, it’s a vendor that is no longer in business. Most companies that were making repop Mustamg wheels have stopped save for LMR and a handful of others making common sizes/offsets.

if you really want a set badly in 18x8, buy a set of 18x9 and have them narrowed by Weldcraft

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with above, will need a shop to cut and narrow a pair to get 18x8. My question, why not use the 18x9's. Many of us have them on the front without issues. I am assuming you have gone (or about to go) 5 lug.

20210704_203014.jpg 20210704_203058.jpg

I only needed a 5/16 spacer because the inside of rim was hitting the coil spring on my coilovers. Without the coilovers I don't think I would have needed them. No rubbing and no steering limiters.

Just to be clear, I have nothing against these wheels, my Saleen explorer xp8 had them on it. Just not a fan of Saleen parts on 93 cobra, because, well, it's a 93 cobra.

If you guys are having trouble with these wheels hitting or inside clearance, maybe you should consider real ones. Original new edge saleen wheels aren't really that expensive and they are obtainable. They have front wheels and rear wheels. The lemans wheels i run are all 18.5 and i have them reversed as to how they were supposed to go on a 96-98.

Just to be clear, I have nothing against these wheels, my Saleen explorer xp8 had them on it. Just not a fan of Saleen parts on 93 cobra, because, well, it's a 93 cobra.
That's the great thing about this hobby. The freedom to put what we each want on our cars, that's what makes them ours. I'm not upbagding by using a Saleen style wheel.

I have Cobra Rs on my 93 LX too, that isn't upbadging either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210522-093625_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-093625_Instagram.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Hell Yeah!
I agree with above, will need a shop to cut and narrow a pair to get 18x8. My question, why not use the 18x9's. Many of us have them on the front without issues. I am assuming you have gone (or about to go) 5 lug.

20210704_203014.jpg 20210704_203058.jpg

I only needed a 5/16 spacer because the inside of rim was hitting the coil spring on my coilovers. Without the coilovers I don't think I would have needed them. No rubbing and no steering limiters.
Looks good. I'm assuming 9's?

I have looked at Weldcraft, was just seeing if someone knew of a 8" so I didn't have to deal with that.

Stock suspension so I didn't wanna run spacers and I don't want any rub at all at full lock.

My point had nothing to do with "up badging" (which is a term that i haven't heard before).
That would imply that my thought was you were going to attempt to make it appear to be something better than it actually is.
I would actually call it down badging in this case, because using those wheels will make it look like something less than it really is, a gt with a body it, some wheels and cobra badges.
I have a real appreciation for saleen mustangs as well as 93 cobras. For the most part i don't view either as better than the other. But when it comes to how they look, i'm a bit more of purist. I think each needs to maintain their own brand of wheels.

I apologize if i offended you. Not my intent.
Your car, do as you please.

My point had nothing to do with "up badging" (which is a term that i haven't heard before).
That would imply that my thought was you were going to attempt to make it appear to be something better than it actually is.
I would actually call it down badging in this case, because using those wheels will make it look like something less than it really is, a gt with a body it, some wheels and cobra badges.
I have a real appreciation for saleen mustangs as well as 93 cobras. For the most part i don't view either as better than the other. But when it comes to how they look, i'm a bit more of purist. I think each needs to maintain their own brand of wheels.

I apologize if i offended you. Not my intent.
Your car, do as you please.
No offense, just thought it was odd the way your opinion came accross. You never used the term upbadging that's the vibe I got. I completely see your position as a purist and I can agree that 93 Cobra wheels being unique to that car does mean something. I guess I am in the middle as I bought this car wanting a car as close to factory stock as possible within my budget but once I saw the photo I posted above with the new edge wheels, I really really liked it. I think it would be another story if it was a Shelby Carbon Fiber Track Pack car as you would be giving up a lot by going to another wheel. I guess I don't see the GT presentation as the "body kit" of the Cobra and GT are different from the front, rear bumpers to the side skirts and grill insert. I guess I'd see it as a Cobra with "Saleen Style" wheels.

I actually do like the Makers idea, I'd have to go black though.
Screenshot_20210816-072819_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: