Anyone NOT like the black plastic fascias at the bottom of the '10+ models?

puma1552

Feb 12, 2011
These cars are a home run to me styling-wise, except for that black, unpainted plastic at the bottom of them. I have a feeling they will do what makers so often do with this--introduce a model with it, and then after a couple years, paint it from the factory to keep the body style fresh, and to make the older ones look bad to make you want the newest one.

Anyone else not like that plastic?

I realize it serves a purpose in that it's less likely to be damaged than it would if it was painted, but still; I can't help but not like it. I realize I'm likely in the minority here, but I'm curious to see your thoughts.

• Sponsors (?)

That's not so much my concern; I'm not concerned that it's not shiny black, or needs maintenance...I was more getting at the fact it's bulky black plastic, instead of a painted body fascia, matching in color to that of the car.

I' not a fan of it either. Looks like it came off of a 90's Grand Prix. Maybe Ford got a good deal on them at the Pontiac going out of business sale. My plan is replace it with a GT500 piece, (they can be found on ebay for around $180 or so)then have it painted along with the rest of the plastic on the car.