AOD to T56 swap - looking for a good shop to do it...any recommendations?

90NATO

Nov 20, 2018
Augusta, GA
Hey all! I'm looking for a reputable shop that can do an AOD to T56 tranny swap in my foxbody 5.0. Something in the southeastern U.S. I don't mind driving a bit if it's worth it. Any of you had any luck with a shop that can do this swap? I got screwed by another shop who said they could but ultimately could not do the job. I want the tranny done, so I can putt around before I jump into the suspension, brakes, and engine (it's stock right now). Thanks for the recommendations!

• Sponsors (?)

I could do it at my house...I'm in fredericksburg. Do you have all of the parts ?

Reactions: 1 users
These are the parts recommended...

Screenshot_20200818-120226_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Moe's Performance in Dallas, GA has always done right by us. We liquidated our transmission shop 3 years ago, and I am referring all of our customers to Moe's.

Kurt

Sorry for the late responses all! I was bogged down with the move this past 2 weeks, but I made it, along with the notch!

@90sickfox - Thanks for your offer and for the parts list you posted. I plan on calling modern driveline soon for a parts list for my specific application. Too bad I hadn't asked the question sooner and before I left NOVA, or I definitely would've taken you up on the offer!

@elarm1 - Same to you, thanks for the offer of a shop, too bad I'm out of the area now!

@revhead347 - Thanks for the recommendation! I'll give them a look as well.

Now to run some tests and maintenance on the mustang - been sitting a while at the former shop and now it's pissed at me and won't run smoothly. She must've thought I abandoned her!

Reactions: 1 user