• Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech

aquarium? charcoal gas fume filter

  • Thread starter Thread starter mike78
  • Start date Start date Jun 19, 2006
M

mike78

New Member
Apr 11, 2005
80
0
0
Jun 19, 2006
#1
  • Jun 19, 2006
  • #1
Well I think I figured out from other posts what this is, my question is what do I do with the fuel/vapor line that is left behind (I think it runs all the way back to the tank). The charcoal filter will not be going back in, so do I just cap the old line? Is my gas tank vented elsewhere -- so should I just cap it off? Thanx, Mike
 
D

dmoody

Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
789
0
17
Winston-Salem, NC
Jun 20, 2006
#2
  • Jun 20, 2006
  • #2
Definitely don't just cap it off. The gas tank must be vented. Unless you purchased a vented gas cap there is nowhere else for the tank fumes to go.

d
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

L
1997 V6 Starting issue
  • leanzik04
  • Mar 20, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
306
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Mar 20, 2026
Noobz347
F
Difference between 83-86 EFI and 87-97 gas tanks?
  • ForeverDrivin
  • Mar 30, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
408
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 30, 2026
ForeverDrivin
F
C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
176
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
B
Engine Charcoal Cannister - What goes where ? 85 5.0
  • Bhenders
  • Mar 30, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
478
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Dec 15, 2025
limp
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
567
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sunday at 4:40 PM
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?