Are the rods supposed to come out through the oil pan? (Turbo fun..)

• Sponsors (?)

Or this....

20220413_175756.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
"Now this engine was recently built by a local machine shop. It NEVER made good oil pressure since day 1."
"Oil pressure was usually around 10 psi at idle. It would get up to 20 or so cruising. I knew it was a time bomb......"

So if you knew there was a problem from day 1, why on earth did you keep going forward? Why didn't you contact the engine builder immediately? I'd like to say I feel sorry for you, but with the avalible information, I can't. Engine rebuilds are not cheap! That's a lot of money to just throw away like that.

Well, the good news is I could not care less if you feel sorry or not. I pulled the engine shortly after install when I saw the oil pressure and replaced the oil pump with a high volume pump. This brought the oil pressure up to acceptable. Minimal, but acceptable. I drove the car with this engine for almost 2 years. When you play with these cars and especially adding boost things can happen. If you are not willing to accept that, OR if you don't have the wallet for it you shouldn't be doing it. Fortunately I can accept it and my wallet is fine. :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
"Now this engine was recently built by a local machine shop. It NEVER made good oil pressure since day 1."
"Oil pressure was usually around 10 psi at idle. It would get up to 20 or so cruising. I knew it was a time bomb......"

So if you knew there was a problem from day 1, why on earth did you keep going forward? Why didn't you contact the engine builder immediately? I'd like to say I feel sorry for you, but with the avalible information, I can't. Engine rebuilds are not cheap! That's a lot of money to just throw away like that.
This was the plan the entire time. :shrug: