Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

Alrighty so finished up the garage with the Rocksolid product, used a high gloss black and bought some metallic flake to go along with it, let it cure followed by a clear coat with the anti slip additive mixed in. I think it came out pretty good, my concrete even though I prepped it well had it’s fair share of flaws from when it was poured, being 20 plus years old etc. Got started and the fact that I had 45 minutes once the bag was open I started rushing but then calmed down. As I started flaking my wife pops out and states “hey that looks like fun” and joined the party. I wasn’t sure how much flake I wanted but we ended up getting a little crazy and WE flaked!! I like it, wasn’t sure about adding the anti slip but a buddy that did his said if he had to do it again he would surely add it as his is slippery. Now to add in a couple of led shop lights, clean up the wiring, power wash the drive way, and bring the car over.
07A5F950-BA65-4895-B988-29407C88D35C.jpeg
D2F5B1F5-6A62-46E5-8D48-4E4D93D91CEF.jpeg
AC6BB646-ECAD-41B9-8530-FF5B824297C0.jpeg
6A946EC2-A4A6-4E4F-B6B9-54D93DACCCC7.jpeg
270C3C38-D9F1-4812-8B14-44F7539D8C7B.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
That looks great man! I know what you mean about the flake. When I did my garage I wanted to get it right so I was "practicing" throwing the flake. Heck, the instructions said to practice. The wife caught me practicing and make fun of me hard core! I start putting the epoxy down and then adding some flake. Wife comes out and wants to put the flake down, so of course I let her. Long story short, we both had a good time putting down flake. We now have a lot of flake in the garage......

You have more flake though. :p

Reactions: 1 user
That looks awesome! I am very happy that my garage was already epoxied in this house. It makes cleaning up messes a LOT easier as well rather than the stuff soaking into the concrete.

• Agree
That looks great man! I know what you mean about the flake. When I did my garage I wanted to get it right so I was "practicing" throwing the flake. Heck, the instructions said to practice. The wife caught me practicing and make fun of me hard core! I start putting the epoxy down and then adding some flake. Wife comes out and wants to put the flake down, so of course I let her. Long story short, we both had a good time putting down flake. We now have a lot of flake in the garage......

You have more flake though. :p
Ha yeah I watched vid after vid, instructions more vids etc, it’s crazy how you start to feel the bag heat up. At first I was kinda lightly tossing up in the air, then the wife joined and we got a little carried away, some we tossed some big of bunches but it was fun. I had almost decided to paint and flake the side edges but opted not to and just painted them black. It surely cleaned and vamped up the garage from what it was. My new neighbors which I’ve barely met already came over and were like well you know how to make some ppl jealous and you haven’t even technically moved in yet. Thanks man appreciate the comments, I know it’s not technically car stuff but car related ha ha.

I regret not doing this to my floor before I moved all my crap into the garage. Yours looks like it turned out nice!
Thanks man appreciate it, this is why I decided to do it now since we still have our other place till the end of July, before we moved all in and then I’d be stuck with this garage I wasn’t happy with . Now I need to figure out some storage and work station stuff.

Nice job! Not a fan of the flakes but it does give it character. And yes it will be fun finding a nut or bolt dropped, just keep a magnet on a stick you'll be ok.
Ha thanks man, I was originally only going to do a more sparse and spread out flake, but then I literally started flaking and was like ehhh a little more, toss toss toss, then the wife joined in and we kept flaking and it kept looking good so we kept flakin!! That probably will suck if I drop something lol oh well, guess no more black tools and sockets!! I watched a video where one guy literally just dumped boxes of flake on the floor. I was like wow now that’s some flake.

Thanks man appreciate the comments, I know it’s not technically car stuff but car related ha ha.
The way I look at it, it's your Progress Thread. Fixing up the space for your car is all part of the progress. I dont see anything wrong with it. Heck just look at my thread. Here lately all I seem to talk about is working on floors!

The way I look at it, it's your Progress Thread. Fixing up the space for your car is all part of the progress. I dont see anything wrong with it. Heck just look at my thread. Here lately all I seem to talk about is working on floors!

And then there's me....ill talk about anything and everything. Tonight...ill talk about whiskey, tommorrow, I'll talk about work, the day after....maybe there'll be a car in it, who freakin knows?

Finally moved the car and bike over to the new house!! Looking good in the garage, also added some cheap led work lights. For some reason in my head I figured they turn off with the ceiling fan in the garage, idk not a smart moment!! Either ended up buying some remote control outlet gadgets and now I can turn them on and off via a small remote.
9C06C0C2-156E-4CF9-85F3-506FDFAAC8FE.jpeg
21538844-99D4-4136-BBF1-EDC7C8EF6299.jpeg

View: https://youtu.be/I-nQs_TsW00

• Hell Yeah!
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users