Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

Been working on my workstation area and picked up a husky work bench with a tool box and cabinet for 225 from some lady off Craig’s in nice shape. Then found a matching cabinet on FB for 50 bucks. I bought a big cabinet and wanted it to match so I lightly sanded down the hanging cabinet doors, laid some primer and then sprayed them black. Came out nice I’d say, better than buying those cabinets new as they are about 175 new after taxes each, these are the older version compared to the newer tall cabinet. Any who the oh crap moment was the fact that I did this in the garage and didn’t open the garage doors after. So came back out after all was said done the next day. First I noticed my new floor looked hazy, then realized oh damn the aerosol overspray got around the floor I had covered. Then it hit!!! My CAR!!! Sure enough I rubbed my hand over it and you could feel it, this was a few days after the fact, plus it got over the wheels. I panicked! Got the car out and washed & washed it again and all came out ok, now I just need to through some wax on it. As for the floor well I wasn’t sure how to clean so contacted rustoleum and they recommended using some mineral spirits to get it off which is working. Now to hang the cabinets.
BEA12814-9FA4-4ECF-A10B-95102C2E4034.jpeg

• Haha
  • Surprised
Reactions: 4 users
Oh yeah here was what the cabinets previously looked like. I just wanted them to match my new big cabinet. Next thing to do is the drawers on the tool box.
ACDCAAB6-642E-4DF4-A020-82CE4C9424D7.jpeg
A1C72094-FC19-4EE7-A80E-AEAE161E31AF.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
After washing the car and attempting to wax the car with some good wax and could tell that all the over spray was still there. Had no choice but to buy a clay bar kit and get to it. It surely wasn’t the funnest but not bad, just tedious especially on those damn side moldings!!!!! I clayed the entire car, lips of the rims, and windows. Talk about nasty, this was a pic of just the front windshield, the whole car was like this. Pretty much the hood, drivers side, top, hatch, glass and wing had this crap all over it. Never clayed my car before but it’s awesome when you can see and feel the difference and the smoothness. This was a shot after I finished valuing and then I proceeded to wax the car as well with some meguiars gold class carnauba. Still can’t believe it didn’t dong on me that the over spray would settle down on my car and floor. Dang it!! Also finished up my little work station area finally! Gotta add some more cold beers in that fridge.
93CA7D8B-9858-4B14-8F93-282AF95F5F54.jpeg
69425B3F-C899-40AA-A789-95A2334477B5.jpeg
CAEBA512-A477-4F7C-B3E8-5A9358B1C455.jpeg
EEF62AAB-8D9C-42F8-9799-73B2781840A1.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
I almost want to give you some crap about being a Packers fan, but that awesome car, shop, and Cold Beer sign won!
And I like Halloween, so whatever that bear/ werewolf you got going on is pretty cool too!!
And you got Old Glory flying too :rock:so we’ll agree to disagree on football teams!! Lol.
And yeah, I’ve clayed a car before....... not fun, but in the end its worth it!

After washing the car and attempting to wax the car with some good wax and could tell that all the over spray was still there. Had no choice but to buy a clay bar kit and get to it. It surely wasn’t the funnest but not bad, just tedious especially on those damn side moldings!!!!! I clayed the entire car, lips of the rims, and windows. Talk about nasty, this was a pic of just the front windshield, the whole car was like this. Pretty much the hood, drivers side, top, hatch, glass and wing had this crap all over it. Never clayed my car before but it’s awesome when you can see and feel the difference and the smoothness. This was a shot after I finished valuing and then I proceeded to wax the car as well with some meguiars gold class carnauba.
Still can’t believe it didn’t dong on me that the over spray would settle down on my car and floor. [QUOTE/] Dang it!! Also finished up my little work station area finally! Gotta add some more cold beers in that fridge.
93CA7D8B-9858-4B14-8F93-282AF95F5F54.jpeg
69425B3F-C899-40AA-A789-95A2334477B5.jpeg
CAEBA512-A477-4F7C-B3E8-5A9358B1C455.jpeg
EEF62AAB-8D9C-42F8-9799-73B2781840A1.jpeg
Looks good but I gotta ask...." It didn't Dong on me?"

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Doing some Craig’slist searching and cake across these. What’s the opinion on these? Also for those who run seat track extensions which I do for drivers side what do you guys think about what this guy did? I am thinking about trying it but I kinda don’t want to drill new holes!!!

View: https://youtu.be/uVf5Sfaaoj4

It's ok, the bar under the car is, well, I can think of a better looking way to do it. All he had to do was cut the riser off the back of the extender and drill a hole in the flat portion and weld a bolt to it, no holes in the floor. You will only lose a 1/4" .
and I call bs on the convertible seats being closer to the dash. They have the same floor pan and seat adjusters as far as I know.

Multiple things here, one of which is probably a simple fix maybe but I got inspection coming up for my tab renewal and I’m sure they will want to honk my horn. I replaced the wheel a while back with momo wheel and AM use to sell the pre 90s horn switch but for whatever reason stopped. I found one on eBay and I don’t think I’ll pay that price for it. What would be the easiest way to make the horn work. I also really like the ford racing wheel and I know you could get those little game like turbo buttons mounted on it for the horn switch I think. Can i some how do that?
E040C21C-2C2B-401F-9357-9A3D42E393E8.png

So I’ve been on that itch to buy something for the car bc I haven’t in a long while and well idk I get bored and feel like I need to drop some cash. Blower is my Christmas wish list but ain’t gonna happen right now and honestly idk wtf I want. I stumbled upon this dude from Hawaii and got damn his ride is nasty. I recall @Mustang5L5 thinking about or talking about going with this distributorless setup. This guy is running the pro-m setup and I like it. Idk much about this set up, As far as advantages vs disadvantages. He has the full pro-m wire up, ecu etc, states he might be changing to another set up, but is this kind of setup worth it? Or is this more of a hassle to do this kinda of deal. Like is there more behind the curtain to get this going and running.
289DF9DB-9901-48C3-81A5-2738176884EA.jpeg
F2BF4659-D1A1-4379-84D2-C3801CD00644.png
9750692A-1E61-4D10-9201-A7DE6A272FB1.jpeg
38CF7F00-FE11-412A-B763-0BE8B70A72F6.png

Another piece to this puzzle and maybe quenching my thirst to spend money is I like these kits. I know of a guy that ran this on his and I like how it cleans up the front of the engine etc. he uses the polished kit which I’m thinking might be nice to break up all the blacked out engine bay of mine. What do you guys think of these types of kits vs the orig belt tensioner etc.
277F8962-1A91-423E-9428-0C298374F442.jpeg
6CB47A1A-90A1-4DD0-99C2-A883312019EB.png

Just wire in a pushbutton horn with an accordian cable to get through inspection. I wouldn't pay $250 for the proper wiring, although you can propably find someone selling a 87-89 column for $50 that has the wiring already present.

Decided to not go distributorless. Wanted to keep my combo simple and for my needs, it really wasn't justified. Ended up selling off all my DIS parts. I'm still going MS3X though

Just wire in a pushbutton horn with an accordian cable to get through inspection. I wouldn't pay $250 for the proper wiring, although you can propably find someone selling a 87-89 column for $50 that has the wiring already present.

Decided to not go distributorless. Wanted to keep my combo simple and for my needs, it really wasn't justified. Ended up selling off all my DIS parts. I'm still going MS3X though
You talking about something like this?

Attachments

• 65AB53EE-DF98-44C8-A9DB-C50CDAE15AF3.png
    65AB53EE-DF98-44C8-A9DB-C50CDAE15AF3.png
    517.6 KB · Views: 142