BEGHTOL35 -- Tuning

BEGHTOL35

Feb 4, 2019
Illinois
Hello Steve I was not sure to post here or start a new thread. I subscribed to your youtube channels last night and wanted to say thank you for taking your time to make them. I am having an issue with my 1994 Mustang with the new microsquirt. I seem to be getting a strange 200 rpm blip in my data logs and seems to sound like a miss it also has the same blip in the duty cycle. Car is running decent. I have not got it over 3100 rpm much since I am still tuning on it and going a little bit at a time. My build is a 347 10.2 to 1 compression, Trickflow Twisted wedge heads, Prometheus Ignition box, RPM 2 intake with 75mm throttle body and N41 anderson cam and 30lbs injectors. I am thinking the 30s might be too small because I already seeing 50% duty cycle. I do have 42s if I need to put them in. I included my tune and last data log. It has the same blip in idle and driving.

Attachments

• 2019-02-02_18.30.49.msl
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
  • 2019-02-04_18.09.21.msq
    118.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Sponsors (?)

Hello Steve I was not sure to post here or start a new thread. I subscribed to your youtube channels last night and wanted to say thank you for taking your time to make them. I am having an issue with my 1994 Mustang with the new microsquirt. I seem to be getting a strange 200 rpm blip in my data logs and seems to sound like a miss it also has the same blip in the duty cycle. Car is running decent. I have not got it over 3100 rpm much since I am still tuning on it and going a little bit at a time. My build is a 347 10.2 to 1 compression, Trickflow Twisted wedge heads, Prometheus Ignition box, RPM 2 intake with 75mm throttle body and N41 anderson cam and 30lbs injectors. I am thinking the 30s might be too small because I already seeing 50% duty cycle. I do have 42s if I need to put them in. I included my tune and last data log. It has the same blip in idle and driving.
The ms gets its rpm input from the distributor, does this Prometheus box go between the micro and the distributor? See if disconnecting it fixes the issue.

I will disconnect it tomorrow and see if it cleans it up. If you ever get a chance to look at my MSQ and let me know if it looks like I am on the right track I would appreciate it. I was looking for the Part two video of your on Closed Loop tuning and dont see it anywhere. Have you posted it yet? I see 3 and 4.

I will disconnect it tomorrow and see if it cleans it up. If you ever get a chance to look at my MSQ and let me know if it looks like I am on the right track I would appreciate it. I was looking for the Part two video of your on Closed Loop tuning and dont see it anywhere. Have you posted it yet? I see 3 and 4.
Work in progress, will be up in a day or two. Takes a lot of time to edit these things, more than I anticipated that's for sure.

OK so you need to do a "High Speed Log" of the ignition system for me, I see the RPM issue you were talking about.
What MS system are you running and hows the ignition system setup, is the harness new or stock?

OK so you need to do a "High Speed Log" of the ignition system for me, I see the RPM issue you were talking about.
What MS system are you running and hows the ignition system setup, is the harness new or stock?
I'm running the microsquirt for the SN95 that came out last year. Harness is stock but in very good shape. The ignition. Set up is new stock dizzy, msd coil in stock location and new ignition module in stock remote location. It has the Prometheus ignition box that is ran to the msd harness for connecting an ignition box. How do I run a high speed log exactly? Still learning Tuner studio. And none of my ignition wires run along the harness.

I'm running the microsquirt for the SN95 that came out last year. Harness is stock but in very good shape. The ignition. Set up is new stock dizzy, msd coil in stock location and new ignition module in stock remote location. It has the Prometheus ignition box that is ran to the msd harness for connecting an ignition box. How do I run a high speed log exactly? Still learning Tuner studio. And none of my ignition wires run along the harness.
The entire MSD box and all is really not needed for 90% of setups out there. they cause more trouble than they are worth most of the time.

make sure you check the box that says "capture to log file"
composite logger.PNG