Best Gaskets For A Set Of Tfs 170 Heads? Felpro9333 Or ??

BKM48198

15 Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
Ypsilanti, Michigan
I will be needing a new set of head gaskets for my 5.0 when I swap out to a set of TFS Twisted Wedge 170 heads, I am assuming that the Felpro 9333 gaskets are the ones to get but I'm not sure if there is something better. Do they come in a top engine kit along with intake and exhaust gaskets? No turbo, supercharger or nitrous will be used, this is just a daily driver street car.

• Sponsors (?)

9333pt1's are hard to be are at. If the head and block decks are flat and prepped properly, MLS gaskets also work well. I've never used MLS but Iv'e read some guys need to put some RTV in the corners or they lleak.

Reactions: 1 users
Ordered my gaskets, pushrods, roller rockers and cam today, picked up a set of 24lb injectors and MAF yesterday to go along with the TFS Twisted Wedge 170-58cc heads. Cam is on backorder and might take a month to get it........a LONG month.

Reactions: 1 user
Ordered my gaskets, pushrods, roller rockers and cam today, picked up a set of 24lb injectors and MAF yesterday to go along with the TFS Twisted Wedge 170-58cc heads. Cam is on backorder and might take a month to get it........a LONG month.

I'd have gone with 30's so you are not maxing out the duty cycle on the injectors. You ordered pushrods without checking the size needed first? Did you get a custom of OTS cam as the length can be anywhere from 6.700-6.750.

I called Trick Flow and asked about the pushrods, they said I needed the 6.700 not the 6.750, I am using a TFS cam and TFS heads. I was looking for either 24 or 30's and found a set of 24's and pro-m for $175.........the guy at Trick Flow said the 24's will work fine with the Track max stage 1 cam and 170 heads.

I called Trick Flow and asked about the pushrods, they said I needed the 6.700 not the 6.750, I am using a TFS cam and TFS heads. I was looking for either 24 or 30's and found a set of 24's and pro-m for $175.........the guy at Trick Flow said the 24's will work fine with the Track max stage 1 cam and 170 heads.

good deal. 24's will work fine but may get maxed out at higher rpm.

Agreed. He should be ok for what he's doing though. Maybe a few extra # of fuel pressure will be needed if he starts maxing them. He's just going to street drive it.
I do have a 255LPH FUEL PUMP I have to install still, along with new tweed seat upholstery that I haven't gotten around to installing yet. Checked with TFS and they said they should have the cams in stock later this week, I ordered it fro Summit yesterday so maybe I'll get it a bit sooner than a month from now, the rest of my parts shipped today except for the Crane roller rockers which should ship in a week. I can't wait to get started, might install the MAF and injectors this week if the weather stays warm. Might do the fuel pump over the weekend.