• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

best longtube headers for supercharged gt

  • Thread starter Thread starter QUICK SILVER
  • Start date Start date Oct 28, 2006

QUICK SILVER

New Member
Aug 30, 2003
7
0
0
QUEENS,NY
Oct 28, 2006
#1
  • Oct 28, 2006
  • #1
I have been looking at kooks or slp. Does anyone has any input or suggestions


Thanks
 

Duke309

Member
Oct 15, 2005
90
0
6
Orlando, FL
Oct 28, 2006
#2
  • Oct 28, 2006
  • #2
kooks or slp are both real high quality pieces, but expensive.
 

DropTopPony

Noob Slayer
Founding Member
Aug 13, 2002
2,570
3
48
south jersey
Oct 28, 2006
#3
  • Oct 28, 2006
  • #3
I really like the Kooks...if i ever move out of NJ i will ditch the shorty's for some.
 
S

san~man

O-G
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,546
3
78
A little grass shack on a big lava rock
Oct 28, 2006
#4
  • Oct 28, 2006
  • #4
Kooks is the best you can get. Period.
 

BennyBlown2v

New Member
Dec 9, 2004
1,233
1
0
Carmel, INdiana
Oct 28, 2006
#5
  • Oct 28, 2006
  • #5
Flowtech makes a good header! It's the same as design as hooker, made in the same factory, and owned by the same company (Holley) I got mine (ceramic coated even!!), with matching o/r x-pipe, for $330 with only 5000miles on them
 

jasonh_86

I
May 20, 2005
1,156
2
48
Arkansas
Oct 29, 2006
#6
  • Oct 29, 2006
  • #6
Kooks or SLP definately. I am kinda partial to SLP tho. They had AWESOME quality and had no fitment issues at all. They were beautiful and still are!
 

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,469
19
68
Nevada
Oct 29, 2006
#7
  • Oct 29, 2006
  • #7
But do they fit if you are lowered? Like as in H&R SS... I'd love some LTs but can you have them if you're lowered?
 

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
3,464
1
69
Syracuse, NY
Oct 29, 2006
#8
  • Oct 29, 2006
  • #8
GDawg said:
But do they fit if you are lowered? Like as in H&R SS... I'd love some LTs but can you have them if you're lowered?
Click to expand...
just gotta be carefull of what you drive over
 

ADRENLN

Active Member
Apr 16, 2003
2,342
3
49
NJ
Oct 29, 2006
#9
  • Oct 29, 2006
  • #9
i got the slp headers. they are awsome so far, had them for about a year.

gained great power at all rmp levels. im not lowered yet but things do hang a bit low. actually if you have cats, then thaey will prob. hang lower, mine do.
 

DropTopPony

Noob Slayer
Founding Member
Aug 13, 2002
2,570
3
48
south jersey
Oct 29, 2006
#10
  • Oct 29, 2006
  • #10
GDawg said:
But do they fit if you are lowered? Like as in H&R SS... I'd love some LTs but can you have them if you're lowered?
Click to expand...
The kooks from what i was told (by them) don't hang as low as other LT's because they are more like a mid lenth header like bassani. I'd like to see a set next to soms SLP's to compare.
 

jasonh_86

I
May 20, 2005
1,156
2
48
Arkansas
Oct 29, 2006
#11
  • Oct 29, 2006
  • #11
Here's a pic of my SLP's.. I've got Steeda Sport springs and they only scrap when I don't pay much attention or have 3 other people with me





 

Attachments

  • DSC00206.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC00207.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC00230.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 185
W

WillDuhhBeast

New Member
Jun 25, 2005
339
0
0
Jacksonville Florida
Oct 29, 2006
#12
  • Oct 29, 2006
  • #12
Good pictures Jason.


I really never pictured how it looked, now I don't have to, because it's right there
 
J

JayC

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2000
674
0
17
Southern Indiana
Oct 29, 2006
#13
  • Oct 29, 2006
  • #13
san~man said:
Kooks is the best you can get. Period.
Click to expand...

I have FlowTechs, that happen to be a very nice header for the money, but I'd really like to see some proof that the Kooks are any better
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

U
Midrange pods for a pillar?
  • urthecap
  • Sep 17, 2026
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
0
Views
84
Mustang Sound & Shine All Sep 17, 2026
urthecap
U
M
Electrical lights
  • Magnet86
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
199
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 14, 2026
Magnet86
M
S
Resolved 83 alternator wiring harness
  • sparten5000
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
152
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 23, 2026
limp
K
351w engine swap
  • Killer351w
  • Jan 21, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
248
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Jan 21, 2026
Killer351w
K
S
Speedometer Calibration
  • Sonny Bibb
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
4
Views
149
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 13, 2026
Sonny Bibb
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?