Build Thread Bird_dog0347's Frankenstang, sure is nice of us to build a car around the fuel filler door

• Sponsors (?)

A Mach1 in blue please :nice:
I gotcha. Picked this one up at the drive at drive in movies during intermission July 3rd 2022. Havent had any time to touch it yet but overall a nice car
C3FDCE6F-A703-4546-A81B-EEBDA97E5593.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Its been five months...any updates?
Still working away on it, currently Kevin is finishing up the engine bay smoothing and he just installed the new tubular core support that LMR started selling.

The 4.6 engine is about to get torn down to go to the machine shop to check it out and make sure we are good to go, hone it, and it will get some forged rods and pistons for long term security... we always planned on a full new gasket set for it, but with it being boosted I wanted a security blanket as I don't ever want to have to pull the engine back out and risk screwing up the clean engine bay. It is kinda one of those, since we are already this far, might as well do it all type of things. It certainly adds to the time and money on the build but will be worth it in the end.

vBLOgxr.jpg

lvoXs0I.jpg

7qMZZDC.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Ever since finishing my car, this is the one I want to see the progress of now. I have a feeling it’s gonna be outstanding!
Thanks, and yours is one of my favorites to watch as well, even the vert! The last 6-9 moths have been a pretty boring part of the build with basically a lot of primer/sand/primer/sand/etc. until each panel is perfect... you wouldn't be able to tell the differences in the pics, but progress continues each week. The engine bay that is working now will be something worth showing off when it's all done and ready to cure. Hopefully we get some engine pics too while it's being beefed up but I try not to pester Kevin too much for pics as that just slows him down.

Still working away on it, currently Kevin is finishing up the engine bay smoothing and he just installed the new tubular core support that LMR started selling.

The 4.6 engine is about to get torn down to go to the machine shop to check it out and make sure we are good to go, hone it, and it will get some forged rods and pistons for long term security... we always planned on a full new gasket set for it, but with it being boosted I wanted a security blanket as I don't ever want to have to pull the engine back out and risk screwing up the clean engine bay. It is kinda one of those, since we are already this far, might as well do it all type of things. It certainly adds to the time and money on the build but will be worth it in the end.

vBLOgxr.jpg

lvoXs0I.jpg

7qMZZDC.jpg
Looking good man! Gotta be exciting knowing what’s coming your way!! …. See if he stamped out another set of those inner fender liners with my name on them, while he was on yours. Been waiting a while for a set…. Lol