Build Thread Bird_dog0347's Fox Has The Squirts

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
Isn't that connection setup to only go on one way? It only has one flat spot for the bolt.
I'm pretty sure this is correct. If I remember correct it can only go one way because of the flat spot for the bolt. Maybe it is possible to get it to turn one or two teeth in either direction and the bolt will still go through, not sure?

• Sponsors(?)

bird_dog0347

I really enjoyed seeing your rear end up close
5 Year Member
Jun 7, 2012
Little Elm, TX
I think the previous suggestion to clock the shaft to the rack is the only way to go, it's fairly finely splined there... just a PITA to pull it to do that.

stanglx2002

CT Material here
Mod Dude
Jul 7, 2005
I'm pretty sure this is correct. If I remember correct it can only go one way because of the flat spot for the bolt. Maybe it is possible to get it to turn one or two teeth in either direction and the bolt will still go through, not sure?
Yes, the steering rack to steering shaft connection is NOT splined all the way around. It has a flat spot to alignment of the two together.

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
The alignment is set. All you need to do is mark the tie rod ends with a line on the threaded part and the outer end. Loosen the nut and count the turns. The left tie rod needs to be turned in amd the right one turned out. Turn them a couple full turns each until the steering wheel centers. If you turn them the same amount the total toe will not change.