Build Thread Bird_dog0347's Frankenstang, sure is nice of us to build a car around the fuel filler door

• Sponsors (?)

?hash=782caeda0692f9b99ff521d5c02cfbdd.jpg

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 315
I really don't see why they had to drive your car. Alignment specs are alignment specs. If they had just done what you asked and aligned the car it would be done and out of your hair and then you would only need to fix your fuel pump and could actually drive your car. I would not have been happy about what they did

While I don't disagree it was unnecessary to drive it before the alignment I can certainly see where it would be necessary to drive it a little afterwards, especially given my mods. They are aware of my mods, and how difficult it was for them to align it the first time, so that wouldn't have bothered me at all.

And as for the fuel pump, to say I wouldn't need to fix it is incorrect... it was gonna go out anyways, not like they actually caused that to happen at that exact time, so I don't let it bother me. The ONLY thing I've ever paid anyone to do on my car is alignments, and it's always been that shop, this didn't change that.

Reactions: 1 user
I realized I never updated this... got the 190lph pump installed, new sending unit, gasket, and that fixed that problem. The Cobra rack is amazeballs, highly recommended! Now I just need to find some time away from other hobbies and family long enough to enjoy the thang!

Reactions: 5 users
I realized I never updated this... got the 190lph pump installed, new sending unit, gasket, and that fixed that problem. The Cobra rack is amazeballs, highly recommended! Now I just need to find some time away from other hobbies and family long enough to enjoy the thang!
I still wanna come see your car! I always forget to message you until Im on my way home, haha

So I got the Momo Monte Carlo today (12.5") and regret it... it's too small and blocks my gauges but I do think it'd be easier to get in and out with it. Oh well, Summit opens at 9am tomorrow so I'll exchange it for the 13.7" unit and be up and running by noonish. Seats are in with the tracks now as well, and they are fantastic!

YEg50V2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Went and exchanged the wheel this morning, the larger size is perfect but when I got home I realized the screws to attach the new one were missing from the box so I had to make a trip to a hardware store 20 miles away that I knew would have the right sizes... so 240 miles of driving in 2 days got me this. Also the seats a perfect, and sit a lower than the SVE seats do as well as have a better backrest IMO, it curves like your back does when sitting.

sW6wDSs.jpg

And here's my view with the wheel where I like it.

QaNqiwz.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
I was going to comment on how nice it must be to pop on in to Summit on a Saturday, but then you said 240 miles across 2 trips, haha. Still not bad. But the improvements look good!

I keep thinking I'm going to drive my car up for one of the NTFC meets on Thursday. Maybe soon.

I was going to comment on how nice it must be to pop on in to Summit on a Saturday, but then you said 240 miles across 2 trips, haha. Still not bad. But the improvements look good!

I keep thinking I'm going to drive my car up for one of the NTFC meets on Thursday. Maybe soon.

Dude for sure you need to come join us for a Sonic meet... And yeah, it's like 50 miles one way and 20 miles to the other hardware store for the screws. All of that wouldn't have mattered if I had just pulled the wheel out of the box in the parking lot and held it up to see that it would interfere on the first trip when I took the fox. The second trip I should have checked all the included items in the box instead of being happy to get the right size...

so... I drove the fox to work today with the new Momo wheel for the first time and while I love most everything about it, I will say that my last alignment with the old stock wheel was centered while driving straight my new one is not. It's about the 1:00-1:30 position while driving straight. I started wondering what I did wrong then picked up the old wheel and noticed that the flats were clocked that way to begin with to make it "straight"....

What's my play here? Can I fix this on my own or is it a new alignment to fix it?

5WYgKyv.jpg

Also, I'm guessing based on my drive to work this morning in 38 degree weather where turning my heat on resulted in steam coming from the defrost vent above the heater core and the smell of radiator fluid it's time for a heater core... So much fun!!!!

so... I drove the fox to work today with the new Momo wheel for the first time and while I love most everything about it, I will say that my last alignment with the old stock wheel was centered while driving straight my new one is not. It's about the 1:00-1:30 position while driving straight. I started wondering what I did wrong then picked up the old wheel and noticed that the flats were clocked that way to begin with to make it "straight"....

What's my play here? Can I fix this on my own or is it a new alignment to fix it?

5WYgKyv.jpg

Also, I'm guessing based on my drive to work this morning in 38 degree weather where turning my heat on resulted in steam coming from the defrost vent above the heater core and the smell of radiator fluid it's time for a heater core... So much fun!!!!
Uncouple the steering shaft from the rack and straighten the wheel. No alignment needed.

and yeah, I’ll make it up there sooner than later with the fox

I didn't want to hear this... yes, the spline on the shaft where it joins the column to the rack should accomdate the change. The wheel where the hub mounts to the column has no way to clock it, it has two flats on an otherwise round surface and can only fit one of two ways 180 degrees apart. I'm not looking forward to getting the car back in the air to mess with the steering shaft.