black and grey connectors on driver side harness

tnardo

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2000
Norwalk, Ohio
Im in the process of doing a 4cyl - 5.0 carb swap. I know it's not really necessary to know what all the wires mean but i would really like to know.
i broke some wires when i was relocating the harness. what i need is a pinout for the black and grey connectors....what is each wire for.... i know fletch's web page list only like 4 of those wires.. i believe he got the info from a chiltons... can some one please provide me with some of thise information

also theres a few wires that i cut that dont need to go anywhere. what do u guys think is the best way to seal them off.. i was thinking about dipping them in some of that liquid elctrical tape.

look what i found

Based on 1988 MUSTANG wiring schematics:

When you look at the primary harness that goes from the engine to the computer, you should have 3 connectors that tie back into the main wiring harness. One connector is next to the computer and the other two are at the drivers side firewall next to the master cylinder. The one by the computer is connector #135 the two others are #201 and #403.

WIRES

IN BOLD ARE REQUIRED CONNECTIONS

# 135 (The one by the computer) should have 5 active pins with a total pin count of 8. They are as follows

wire # Color Function

657 Tan Cluster EEC Malfunction Light(2.3 ONLY)

687 Gray/yellow ignition switch "RUN" Power To Oxygen Sensors

97 Tan/lt green Computer Control fuel pump relay (computer grounds this to turn relay on)

359 black/white Transmission neutral sense switch

361 red Power from EEC relay to fuel pump relay(fuel pump coil power)

#403 should again have 5 active pins with a total pin count of 8

258 white/pink low oil level sensor

348 lt green/pink thermostatic switch to AC

32 red/lt blue Ignition start Power to Distributor module

11 dk grn/yellow Tachometer gage feed from - coil connection

16 red/ lt green Ignition switch "RUN" To EEC Relay(turn on EEC in run position)

#201 should have 6 active pins with a total count of 8

33 white/pink Starter relay energized(thru clutch T to #32)

39 red/white Temperature gage

31 white/red Oil pressure gage

199 lt blue/yellow Transmission Neutral Sensor switch Return

150 dk grn/white Trans speed sensor

563 orange/yellow Trans speed sensor

787 pink/black fuel pump relay status(mass flow ONLY)