Blend Door Actuator

Aside from the 3 actuators behind the glove box area there is another directly behind the instrument cluster. This is the one that is bad on my 08 GT. I have not been able to find a way to remove this as of yet. Anyone know how to accomplish this.

• Sponsors (?)

They put it in the car at one point, so there has to be a way to get it out. I would start by removing the dash components that are in the way. Most repairs are easy, but just take a lot of time and patience.

My car has the same clicking sound, the part number is AR33-19E616-BA. Is there a good aftermarket vendor on this part, it is one of the 3 blend door actuators. One way to find out which one is clicking is to hold your finger on each of them and turn the key to ACC. You can feel it clicking. To verify, unplug the suspect actuator and if you do not hear clicking you can be pretty sure you found the bad actuator.

20161011_174853.jpg

Using the 8 mm barrel wrench on the lower right screw where the space is very tight worked well, got the screw out in about 5 minutes. I used the 8 mm deepwell on the left and top screw and the little 8 mm ratchet wrench to get the top right screw the rest of the way out. The job took about 1 hour to exchange the actuator. It was somewhat difficult to line up the "key" on the actuator rod into the blend door assembly. The key has a flat spot that faces down. If you plug in the new actuator and push on the dash controls you can see the actuator rod move to line up the flat spot with the blend door rod input. Got the tools at Amazon versus local tool hunt. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys find a good place to order this part from? Mine seems to be the same as highlighted here, except is says "ar33-19e616-bb" on it.

Looks exactly like the one pictured above, as well as the one highlighted with red arrows a couple posts back.

Thoughts on where to order, and what is the exact part number to order?

thanks all!

Jeff

My 2 cents if anyone is still needing this info. The actuators are common now. Oreillys, Amazon. The actuators behind the GB are soooo much easier to take out if you remove the Airbag, Which is also very easy to do. Unfortunately I'm not getting the "clicking" I just cant get it to switch to the panel. I removed the top left actuator to test. It worked. I also manually operated the lever and it moved something but I still couldnt get the panel to blow. I removed the lower left and not realizing what It does I thought it didnt work so I took it apart, accidentally slipped a gear and noticed the worm drive cracked. So I replaced, it does switch between cold and warm air now, but still no panel.... also leaks water into the blower when it rains...Ive been confused for a week now....Thoughts?

I need to replace my blend door actuator for the air conditioning. I am out of my bumper-to-bumper warranty, so I am doing it myself. I am not worried about the cost of the part, but I am not exactly sure how to get to the part.

I don't want to crack and destroy the molding and brackets on this car like I used to on my old junk cars whenever I needed to get into the dash; what is the proper way/method to get in to replace the old part?
I ne
I need to replace my blend door actuator for the air conditioning. I am out of my bumper-to-bumper warranty, so I am doing it myself. I am not worried about the cost of the part, but I am not exactly sure how to get to the part.

I don't want to crack and destroy the molding and brackets on this car like I used to on my old junk cars whenever I needed to get into the dash; what is the proper way/method to get in to replace the old part?
i have the same issue and what I have seen is you take the glove box out and you can see so I took mine out and seen the gear and if you actuate while looking in you will be able see which of the three it is , so you have to know which one it is or you will buy the wrong one. So I’m gonna take mine out and take it with me to buy new one, matching it up before buying. Good luck