• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

Blew Head Gasket 2.3 Ecoboost

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ecostang15
  • Start date Start date Mar 5, 2018
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
E

Ecostang15

Member
Jan 7, 2018
68
7
18
Mar 9, 2018
#21
  • Mar 9, 2018
  • #21
And I didn't tell them anything about the old plug anyway
 
E

Ecostang15

Member
Jan 7, 2018
68
7
18
Mar 9, 2018
#22
  • Mar 9, 2018
  • #22
You think they're clutching at straw?
 
E

Ecostang15

Member
Jan 7, 2018
68
7
18
Mar 10, 2018
#23
  • Mar 10, 2018
  • #23
I'm contacting lawyers and mechanics.
 
E

Ecostang15

Member
Jan 7, 2018
68
7
18
Mar 12, 2018
#24
  • Mar 12, 2018
  • #24
this is the extent of the damage of the engine


 

85ragtop

BTW, I like dudes.
10 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
823
475
123
NC
Mar 13, 2018
#25
  • Mar 13, 2018
  • #25
That doesn't look healthy.
 
Reactions: Hoytster

Hoytster

I don't dare do that to my Knob
20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 30, 2002
1,069
700
164
Cornwall, PA
Mar 13, 2018
#26
  • Mar 13, 2018
  • #26
Yep, that engine is done.

What's the word?
 

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
10 Year Member
Apr 6, 2011
10,733
6,716
214
Hillsborough county
Mar 13, 2018
#27
  • Mar 13, 2018
  • #27
damn new cars datalogging as you drive then snitching on you... lol. black box for the insurance companies.
 

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
10 Year Member
Apr 6, 2011
10,733
6,716
214
Hillsborough county
Mar 13, 2018
#28
  • Mar 13, 2018
  • #28
jeezus.... aaannnndddd the award for most damaged engine so far this year goes to......
 
Reactions: Hoytster

Boostedpimp

20+ Year Stangneter
May 8, 2003
1,451
493
154
NJ
Mar 13, 2018
#29
  • Mar 13, 2018
  • #29
wow that's a boat anchor now... so how long until you hear back from the stealership that they won't cover anything including the tear down and evaluation?
 
E

Ecostang15

Member
Jan 7, 2018
68
7
18
Mar 14, 2018
#30
  • Mar 14, 2018
  • #30
I heard back Today. They are going to cover it amazingly. Its nothing I did. so it might take a few weeks before I get the car back, but I'm not paying for anything, warranty is being honored
 
Reactions: Mattreid, Boostedpimp and Hoytster

Boostedpimp

20+ Year Stangneter
May 8, 2003
1,451
493
154
NJ
Mar 14, 2018
#31
  • Mar 14, 2018
  • #31
Ecostang15 said:
I heard back Today. They are going to cover it amazingly. Its nothing I did. so it might take a few weeks before I get the car back, but I'm not paying for anything, warranty is being honored
Click to expand...

That's great to hear man
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
561
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sunday at 4:40 PM
manicmechanic007
Are 20"s too much for a 19' Ecoboost?
  • GearHeadGuy
  • Oct 22, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
3
Views
336
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Nov 3, 2025
RockstarMach1
Fox Help
  • 93fox85
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
270
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 23, 2026
Noobz347
J
'04 3.8L V6 mineral deposits and oil on #3 cylinder. Does it need a rebuild or something simpler?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Mar 18, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
562
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Sep 29, 2026
gkomo
C
Knocking after pull- went away?
  • Connormcclark
  • Oct 6, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
280
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 6, 2025
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?