Brand new, in dealer box, ring gear. For '74 'stang.

Brand new. In original box. Manufactured Dearborn Michigan. For '74 Mustang. Shipping date '83.
Pictures available.
I'm trying to reduce clutter in my shop, and found this. Can anyone tell me what I have? Would I be out of line just to throw it away?

Attachments

• 20210210_010905.jpg
    20210210_010905.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210210_010947.jpg
    20210210_010947.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210210_025627.jpg
    20210210_025627.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Brand new. In original box. Manufactured Dearborn Michigan. For '74 Mustang. Shipping date '83.
Pictures available.
I'm trying to reduce clutter in my shop, and found this. Can anyone tell me what I have? Would I be out of line just to throw it away?
Please guys, I've sought you out. My mom's brother owned the vehicle that this part was purchased for. That is a separate ( very aggravating) story.

I am I die hard lover of true American muscle. I may not be a ford expert, but I feel like I know enough to ask the advice of others. I would much rather that someone who needs this can have an original, verses adding it to the landfill.

I am NOT trying to make a buck.
I'm simply seeking information
I'm a truck/heavy equipment guy, but I've always had an eye for old corvettes and mustangs.

It's definitely a starter ring gear from a flywheel or flex plate. Seeing's as it's a 74 part number, I'd venture a guess that it's for a 4 or 6 cylinder car. That's about as much help as I can offer. :shrug:

Approximately 10" I.D

The IS a part number on the box, but there is black marker over part of it. It appears to read D4FZ 6384A

It’s a flywheel ring. Still available from Ford and aboit $50-60 new if you search around. I found one on eBay for sale f

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335821607&icep_item=164171751360

Screenshot (9).png

Just a heads up, the list on the website is missing some applications because the Ford catalog no longer includes anything prior to the 1980 model year. That means that the application list is missing all of the '79 fox-chassis 2.3 applications as well as the Mustang II, Pinto, Bobcat, Capri Mk1 and Mk2, Courier, and possibly more.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Let us know what you want to do. I could stop by to pick it up if you want. Or, you could sell it via fleabay or cl.
I only want honest opinions. This is not the correct thread to make a sale or offer. My mom's brother (I'm close with him) owned the stang and ordered/bought this part. ( Damn guy owned lead soled boots, murdered this car 37 years ago)

I am in search of honest opinions from honest people. You guys know what's up.

I only want honest opinions. This is not the correct thread to make a sale or offer. My mom's brother (I'm close with him) owned the stang and ordered/bought this part. ( Damn guy owned lead soled boots, murdered this car 37 years ago)

I am in search of honest opinions from honest people. You guys know what's up.
This is an information search from people who know more than me.
Should I put this part back on the shelf and sit on it for a while?

No. Not much special about it since it fits so many cars and can still be bought new at Ford. It’s a $50 part. Nothing special. Hang it on your wall if there’s any sentimental attachment

Reactions: 1 users
No. Not much special about it since it fits so many cars and can still be bought new at Ford. It’s a $50 part. Nothing special. Hang it on your wall if there’s any sentimental attachment
Thank you!
It is worth more to ME than anyone else. I miss my grandfather, so it will be tucked away as a remembrance of something he touched and bought.

Reactions: 2 users