Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

Well like @Mustang5L5 said jump on this pick, and so I did. For $40 from a guy 15 miles down the road why not. I believe the two which are maybe LS seats? Idk really are out of a Alfa Romeo, the other seat idk. Came with a few things as seen here. Those grey squares are heaters but i doubt they work who knows. Obviously beat and need work but for that price it was an easy decision. Let me know what you guys think, can I get these going or am I better off selling for parts etc and buying something in better condition?
029B1A53-047C-4DAB-8259-DBC840D01E42.jpeg
3C20E303-984E-4F1D-900B-4BF6931EF369.jpeg
A0D24959-5364-4FC7-941E-279D6F923633.jpeg
F4B5730E-2098-4FA2-958D-21ABA7F83DD0.jpeg
8758AA91-72C6-4A8F-8A67-C8ACE0245219.jpeg
3E8C372F-8BB1-4B6F-AC23-69E69A54898B.jpeg
FCD8A08D-08CC-4ADD-9FF8-D6A9A1CEE72B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Damn. That’s a great haul for $40. You could easily triple your money on the sliders alone.

I see a pair of LS-C seats, and a single LS-B seat. The Recaro branded plastics are desirable. In fact, if you parted them out I would be interested in those.

but don’t part it out. I think you can build a nice set out of those LSC seats. The fabric are trashed though. That one good center is a popular and desirable pattern. You can probably sell the LSB or part it out or (if it was mine) make it into an office chair.

you can get the seat bottom and side bolsters new. The top bolsters look good, you just need the center insert foam. That can be found.

I think you can build two nice LS-C seats from this. Obviously you’ll need to recover them, so save the original fabric for patterns. I wouldn’t sell off anything until you are done.

I’m jealous. I would have definitely jumped all over that deal.

this might come in handy on how to break them down further

BTW those seats are called Recaro Monza, and looks like that hood center may be a recover as it lacks the Recaro lettering

fishnets were an option on all the seats. You can add them if you can find some

26F6B1DE-36BC-48B4-8DE9-AF02A087C0E0.jpeg

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Hard to tell from the pics, but if the frames are complete, my guess is that they are salvageable.
When I had mine redone, aardvark racing didn't seem to care what condition they were in. Was even missing a hinge cover which appeared to be insignificant to them.

Mike any way we can stop calling them fishnet? Lol
I've always known them as netted headrests, and fishnet doesn't remind me of seats or fishing..

• Haha
I don’t know about the seats....... but I’d like to know what the full wording is on that tape measure decal thing on the floor. I’m guessing something funny? Full pic?

BTW those seats are called Recaro Monza, and looks like that hood center may be a recover as it lacks the Recaro lettering

fishnets were an option on all the seats. You can add them if you can find some

26F6B1DE-36BC-48B4-8DE9-AF02A087C0E0.jpeg
Yeah the guy I picked them up from is a big Alfa guy, said these were out of an older Alfa Romeo Milano verde. It’s weird bc I’ve seen pics of these were only the drivers has the recaro stitch and the other blank. So in one pic you could see what would be the thigh bolster covering I guess, is that how that area would be covered? How would I search for the correct foam for these? I’m tempted to repair all three, the tilting action works good on all three where the knobs are. All 3 hooked together well, only 1 of the hooking mechanisms is a little sluggish. The frames etc looks good, and have a bunch of screws etc in baggies he put for each seat.

Those seats got stuck in a lot of cars, so I wouldn't be surprised if Alfa's had them a specific way with wording on one seat. I've never personally seen it but there's an entire globe full of Recaro's I've never seen.

Do you need the thigh bolster foam? or the seat bottom foam?

Hard to tell from the pics, but if the frames are complete, my guess is that they are salvageable.
When I had mine redone, aardvark racing didn't seem to care what condition they were in. Was even missing a hinge cover which appeared to be insignificant to them.

Mike any way we can stop calling them fishnet? Lol
I've always known them as netted headrests, and fishnet doesn't remind me of seats or fishing..
They were all apart, I just got them home, clicked them together and used the knob adjusters and the tilt etc via the knobs no problems. Frames look in great shape, the rails look good but not sure if these would work in our cars our not but have 3 sets of rails. I surely don’t trust myself to fix these up, or where I could find foam etc for these but they surely seem salvageable. I’ve seen some seats in similar condition being sold for a crazy price. Even if I have to put 1000 or so to fix them up, I’d say that’s a win. I was looking to possibly buy these which are all redone but I’d have to pay 2300 shipped for the leather ones, and 1500 for the cloth ones.
04DF5934-29E8-43DB-B69C-CA03E974C272.png
6CAABECF-37C5-4A93-9D02-9343F7A2B35A.jpeg

Remember, i paid about $1000 shipped for mine to be redone, the way i wanted them.
I found a website that had pics of a whole bunch of sets, then came up with my own ideas for color and stitching based on what i wanted. I'll see if i can find it.
If i remember correctly, if you disassemble them, you can put a base on the bottom, the two backs upright and a base on the top and they fit in like a 30x30 box. I packaged them however dave from aadvark told me to and it worked.

To put it politely though, that second set is far from the best i've seen. In no way shape or form are they going to match the foxbody style. If i had them set, i'd have them recoved, lol. That's the kind of seat you like for about two weeks (like billet interior parts) and then realize that they aren't timeless.

Those seats got stuck in a lot of cars, so I wouldn't be surprised if Alfa's had them a specific way with wording on one seat. I've never personally seen it but there's an entire globe full of Recaro's I've never seen.

Do you need the thigh bolster foam? or the seat bottom foam?
The thigh bolster foam on the on the monza seats as you called them are there but bad, don’t have the seat bottom foams that I know of, not sure where those heater foam things would go? So I’m just gonna say I need both. The seat backs look pretty decent but wouldn’t mind redoing all of it if it’s doable and reasonable lol!!

Those seats are very restorable. You might have to buy some parts. I got a bunch off the Recaro FB groups. Right now, dollarwise you are very ahead of the curve.

I beleive this bol;ster foam will work for you. You may need to trim the insides slightly as it's more for the B bottom base, vs the C bottom. However, this is cheap. I paid around $100/each plus shipping for 4. Looks like these are now $60 each, and to be honest i think one of yours is in good shape (right side, driver's seat). You can also gets some 3M spray adhesive and try repairing the foam you have now. One of them looks repairable. You could even take the foam from the better condition LSB seat and use it.

There are more parts here, but a lot of the foam here is specific to the LS-B seat you have a single of. For instance, the bottom webbing fits the base without the pull out thigh support. You might need a different one

My foam was pretty much junk, so I wanted to source new foam vs repair the existing foam. I tried to repair it, and i'm sure a competent shop could, this is just how I did mine. Once I had all good foam, and repaired the seat bottom webbing, that's when I started looking for someone to recover them. I just happened to get lucky and find some covers and did them myself.

The thigh bolster foam on the on the monza seats as you called them are there but bad, don’t have the seat bottom foams that I know of, not sure where those heater foam things would go? So I’m just gonna say I need both. The seat backs look pretty decent but wouldn’t mind redoing all of it if it’s doable and reasonable lol!!

The heater foam IS the seat bottom foam. Wider portion goes to the front.

Do you have the plastic frames for the pull out thigh bolster?
1617807540036.png

From the above pic, it also looks like the standard webbing will work with the C-bottom seats

Remember, i paid about $1000 shipped for mine to be redone, the way i wanted them.
I found a website that had pics of a whole bunch of sets, then came up with my own ideas for color and stitching based on what i wanted. I'll see if i can find it.
If i remember correctly, if you disassemble them, you can put a base on the bottom, the two backs upright and a base on the top and they fit in like a 30x30 box. I packaged them however dave from aadvark told me to and it worked.

To put it politely though, that second set is far from the best i've seen. In no way shape or form are they going to match the foxbody style. If i had them set, i'd have them recoved, lol. That's the kind of seat you like for about two weeks (like billet interior parts) and then realize that they aren't timeless.
Lol yeah the ones with the billet samurai buttons are a little more euro than I’d like. Yeah please let me know if you find or remember where you sent them etc or any info thanks.

http://www.2002parts.com/index.html (this is not where i browsed all the pics online, that was some random forum)
Dave runs the place.
I tried to tell him how bad my foam was, he didn't care, lol.
I'm pretty sure the only thing there was going to be an upcharge for was if the frames needed any welding because of damage.

I chose german vinyl with gray baseball stitching. Then sent him a few pics of seats i liked. I'm not a super creative type of guy so i had more an attitude of "do something like this". So maybe how mine turned out was a combinate of being lucky and good.

The fronts where done quite a while ago, but in the not so distant past i had him redo my rear seats to match the front.
It really could have been much easier.

You can look in his gallery, but those seats are more reflective of what goes in a bmw than an 80's muscle car.

Edit: Here is one of the pages i used for examples.

If you scroll down there is a pic of red ones (mine are black with netted (not fishnet, lol) headrests, the pic looks like it was taken with a fish eye, that i used for the basis for my seats.

Last edited:
The heater foam IS the seat bottom foam. Wider portion goes to the front.

Do you have the plastic frames for the pull out thigh bolster?
1617807540036.png

From the above pic, it also looks like the standard webbing will work with the C-bottom seats

Ok so it goes like this then. I don’t have that webbing on the monza ones. Not sure what’s up with the bungee cord set up but I’m guessing it’s a make shift setup lol. Here some close ups on that thigh bolstering, one looks good the other are meh, two for sure are pretty dry rotted. Yes I have the plastic base for the pull out adjustable part.
F81C06AB-3093-4F75-9920-EA7FD6076330.jpeg
D3A92175-3324-494C-84AC-3969544C71CC.jpeg
4210E8A4-13F8-43D6-94CB-D4FFF42F0D18.jpeg
E4EF9859-1567-4095-97F2-3BF720AF898C.jpeg
1A6C6466-2CD7-449E-8F76-26057EB4F992.jpeg
36DEF211-6759-4AC3-866B-5532F58D8899.jpeg

Attachments

• 82869263-E8D8-4C6D-88CF-6DE48D1052DC.jpeg
    82869263-E8D8-4C6D-88CF-6DE48D1052DC.jpeg
    484.9 KB · Views: 60
The bungee cord is one of the more creative ways ive seen people repair that seat bottom.

so it looks like these will work then.

On the FB groups there are some that make webbing kits that will work and are cheaper.

so it looks like you have most of the critical components you need to recover the seats. Any additional wiring for the seat heaters?

The bungee cord is one of the more creative ways ive seen people repair that seat bottom.

so it looks like these will work then.

On the FB groups there are some that make webbing kits that will work and are cheaper.

so it looks like you have most of the critical components you need to recover the seats. Any additional wiring for the seat heaters?
The only one I see wiring on is the drivers, which is from the foam and I guess connects to the wiring on the seat which runs up into the back. Do you know what these thin metal wires would be for?
9D66971B-4736-449E-AAE2-203EF271833E.jpeg
4A5F87D4-7ECB-4299-B93F-A0098A3C58D5.jpeg
D9EA31F6-61A4-4198-85F8-B93A9E2C45DC.jpeg

Attachments

• 7DFA8756-5F78-4F15-9FD6-29E2FEDBE5C6.jpeg
    7DFA8756-5F78-4F15-9FD6-29E2FEDBE5C6.jpeg
    417.3 KB · Views: 59
They are for the upholstery. You run them in the fabric loops and they attach the upholstery to the frame

they long ones are used for the bolsters. 2 on each booster. There are some on the jackets and one on the top of each center insert.

you can see one wire here securing the bolster material to the frame
2803B232-BE3A-4563-A9F3-69503596B2BE.png