Cam selection for 92 5.0

I'm currently building a 92 5.0. The bottom end will be stock for now. I'm using aluminum heads: 2.02 in/1.60 ex, 190cc runners, 60cc combustion chamber. An air gap dual plain intake, Headman 1.78 ceramic headers, 650 Holley mech secondary, MSD 6A module and billet dizzy. I backing it up with a close ratio ol' school top loader. Im trying to get into the 400 hp range. My question is cam selection? Any help with advice on a street strip cam would be great. I am currently considering an Anderson N - 41.

• Sponsors (?)

You will probably run into piston to valve issues with a n-41. That being said, a n-41 is a decent cam depending on a few things.

What vehicle is the engine going in?

48 ford F1 truck. What things is the N-41 cam it dependent on?
Since we already know the transmission is a man and converter selection won’t be a problem, rear gear ratio is what I’d worried about. The n41 in a 4500lb vehicle is going to want some gear to be a Street/strip deal. Depending on what rear tire you run.

Regardless, you’re still going to likely run into ptv clearance issues if you don’t flycut

Street cruiser?
take a step back, need to take stock in the total of this build, so far using the 5.0 is gonna need help getting that hulk rolling, in this case I think building for torque should be the bases for cam selection, you will have to consider weight, tire size, gear selection, if you don't consider the sum of those parts with the weight of the vehicle you will end up with a slug on the street.

Reactions: 1 user