Can someone measure the hieght of their Bullitt or one with a Buillitt kit installed?

• Sponsors (?)

Here are my measurements before and after:
Before Front pass.28 1/4 front drivers28 1/8 rear pas 28 1/4 rear drive 28 1/8
After 28 27 7/8 27 3/4 27 1/2

2001 with 60k miles, 245/45/17 with 6k miles, 32psi

With 60k miles on car the stock springs were sacked a bit and the isolaters were pretty crushed. The new Bullet springs were a little more the 3/4 inch shorter then the old springs when measered free. The isolaters new were about twice the thickness of the old ones (1/8 thicker). Make sure the pig tails are set all the way into the grove on the a-arm. I think if your car has more then 40-50k on it the most drop you will see is about 1/2 inch. But if you are useing the Bullet kit you aren't going for drop anyway. My after measerments after were done 2 months and about 1500 miles after install.

The suspension has been on for over a week, been drivin for 5 days now. Sat at the shop for a few days while I was away.

Its not the amount of drop I am worried about, but it seems that the back did drop and the front did not. So it looks like I am dragging a$$.

Would my sub box in the trunk cause that big of a difference?

~K

I just measured my car.

Fronts are at 28 3/8 and Rear is at 27 3/8.

So it seems that the front is 1" higher. And it is higher then what careeta says his before measurements where.

Whats the chance the shop messed up?

I am going to be at the meet at hooters this weekend so I guess I can get real comparisons there.

~K

I think the shop didn't get the front pig tails in the right position on the
a-arm. If the spring is 180* off you can easily raise the front by 1". Take a wheel off and look at the bottom of the spring where it sits in the a-arm and you will see right away if it is in correct. Not hard to fix. The spring pig tail has to sit in the groove stamped into the a-arm. You can also remove the isolaters but you will have more noise and harshness.

When I installed my Eibach springs it took about a week of hard stop and go driving to drop the front down. Mine looked a little funky for a while too, don't worry. This pic is right after we got done.

Attachments

• IM000593.JPG
    IM000593.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 117
I checked with the shop, and he sweared he put the pig tails in the right way. He did have measurements of before and after, and I did drop 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

However, with my stereo and box all in the trunk I am probably 150lbs+ heavier in the rear so that may explain why my rear is so low.

I have not measured it lately but by looks its still off.

~K

Whats the point of installing a bullitt kit for 3/4 of an inch at the most? Just chop a coil off. I threw 4 banger springs on the front and left the stockers on the back. I chopped a coil off and now I have better weight transfer and only spent 3 hours for the install. I recently took my sportlines off.

I know i didn't install the kit to lower my car. I didn't want my car lowered much do to crappy new england roads. I got the kit for the increased spring rates, stiffer sway bars and tokico shocks. Mainly for better handling. I originally looked at it after one of my stock shocks failed. The 3/4 inch lowering definetly made it look better. and i like the handling while its not bone jarring. I do have the same problem where my rear sits just a little lower than the front. I am wondering if the front end of the bullit is heavier and lowers it more than the GT. I also used urethane spring isolators so i am wondering if they do not squish as much as the stock rubber ones.

SiLv3r_4point6 said:
Whats the point of installing a bullitt kit for 3/4 of an inch at the most? Just chop a coil off. I threw 4 banger springs on the front and left the stockers on the back. I chopped a coil off and now I have better weight transfer and only spent 3 hours for the install. I recently took my sportlines off.

The Bullitt kit is not for the lowered/slammed look. And here in NC, espcially Chapel Hill where my gf lives, the roads are crap and all the drive ways are steep.

I did not want a car the scraped everywhere, so I went with this kit.

The handeling is great, I get my weld in sub frame connectors put in next week, and that should help even more.

Is there anyway to drop the front a little more without effecting the performance of the kit? Anyone?

~K

I have been told you can take out the front isolator to lower about a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I am skepticle of this though. I don't see how this could be very good for the spring, control arm, or the comfort of the ride. if you find out let me know.

The Bullitt suspension with more drop in the rear is the norm as mine and others I've seen look the same way. I don't think your shop messed up.

Like someone said, if you want the slammed look don't get the Bullitt kit. This kit is a great bang for the buck. I seriously thought about getting some Eibach springs to lower it a bit more but that would make my exhaust drag on just about everything. Driveability is a big issue with me and lowering it further is a big no-no!

I had the Bullitt kit too. My car sat exactly like yours, higher in the ffront and looked stupid. I just installed the C springs on the front only, and now the car sits perfect. If you search, you will see many people complain of this, while others say it turned out just fine. I'd bet money there was a bad run of the Bullitt springs for the aftermarket.

Anyway, The C springs are perfect. I even decided to take the top isolater out and there isn't a bit of extra noise. I also got a very nice "raked" look for the car.

Good luck!