can you fail inspection by getting dual exhaust on a car not meant to have it?

vizionblind

Founding Member
May 27, 2002
what I mean is, if you have a V6 2000 stang, and you want to get dual exhaust will they know this car is supposed to not have dual exhaust and fail you on that alone?

• Sponsors (?)

no, but i sugest fiding like a mom and pop garage and getting to know the people so you can do some cool stuff to your car, and they still let you pass inspection...

MarvinMyCat said:
It is against the law to go to dual exhaust in California if your car is originally a single setup.

Against the law for a shop in CA to install em? or against the law for the owner? Cuz I was wondering if they would allow people to travel outta state, have them installed, and then come back driving it as a CA car. Will they give you your inspection sticker then?

It's illegal for a shop to change out the mid-pipe with working cats to something else (which they do all the time anyway).

It's also illegal to have a mid-pipe without cats it just depends on your local law enforcement and inspection peeps enforcing it. You could always weld some cat shells to it to pass a visual inspection but you're pretty much fugged if you have to be smog tested.

Changing out your cat-back will in no way be illegal.....

Lawrence

^^^ teh ultimate solution, it's also ruled by tree hugging dummy craps... yet another reason that california should become a separte country... just as it is separating from the rest of the united states, thank god for that fault, some day it will be like hawaii out there in the ocean, nobody really cars about it unless they're looking to go on vacation.

97v6Silver said:
^^^ teh ultimate solution, it's also ruled by tree hugging dummy craps... yet another reason that california should become a separte country... just as it is separating from the rest of the united states, thank god for that fault, some day it will be like hawaii out there in the ocean, nobody really cars about it unless they're looking to go on vacation.

suddenly i feel so unloved...:(

i agree though. californias becoming the armpit of the world. i'm sooo glad i don't live there anymore. but at least they had enough smarts to finally kick davis to the curb.:nice: