Progress Thread She’s a runner

• Sponsors (?)

Your plugging the O2 sensor bungs right? If you are planning on using those over the ones in the LT's then they need to be pointing to the sides. The first speed bump you see or even bounce in the road will take the sensors body right off.

Reactions: 1 user
Your plugging the O2 sensor bungs right? If you are planning on using those over the ones in the LT's then they need to be pointing to the sides. The first speed bump you see or even bounce in the road will take the sensors body right off.
Ha! No those are from the old down pipes i reused from when i had shorty headers. O2 will got in the header. I'm gonna weld up or cut out the old bungs.

• Winner
Parking brake cables and parking brake handle mod done. Well still need two e clips but that’s it. Welded up my h pipe as well. Will install tomorrow with driveshaft and weld on h pipe hangers. Then back to the engine, cooling system, breather system/catch can, meth, air intake tubing and filter. Oh probably should put oil in the tranny before I forget. New rear sway bar as well. Just chugging along. Really need to put tools away and clean the garage as well.

Attachments

• F033119E-3A6E-47B6-AFA7-7631576F9E37.jpeg
    F033119E-3A6E-47B6-AFA7-7631576F9E37.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: 4 users
Got this beast started today. Fired right up and idled nice. Nice oil pressure at warm idle of 50psi. I did lean out the idle just a bit. I’ll post up my start data log when I get to my laptop tonight.

Attachments

• 348EFFE6-9087-4DE3-BDDF-0342C76298E8.jpeg
    348EFFE6-9087-4DE3-BDDF-0342C76298E8.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: 4 users
a few starts and restarts as i checked things over. almost threw a belt because i had it in the wrong groove on the crank.

Attachments

• 2020-02-23_14.50.20.msl
    4.8 MB · Views: 91
  • CurrentTune.msq
    119.7 KB · Views: 86
cant seem to get the brake pedal to firm up. I'm using a motive pressure bleeder and have bled tons of fluid and still a soft pedal. I'm thinking its got air trapped in the master so i guess I'll pull off the lines and see if i can bleed it again all while trying not to get brake fluid everywhere....

cant seem to get the brake pedal to firm up. I'm using a motive pressure bleeder and have bled tons of fluid and still a soft pedal. I'm thinking its got air trapped in the master so i guess I'll pull off the lines and see if i can bleed it again all while trying not to get brake fluid everywhere....

Dumb question but are your bleed screws facing down or facing up?

Did you bench bleed the master?

Jack the rear of the car up so the MC is level and try to bleed it that way. If oyu can get it level it should bleed as if you did it on a bench. Might be easier to do vs removing the MC completely.

Before I started pulling lines and inevitably getting brake fluid all over my freshly painted bay my brother told me to try one more thing first. I filled a syringe with brake fluid and pushed it up to the master via the left front and rear calipers. Got lots of bubbles in the master. Pedal is pretty firm now. I think I’ll do it one more time for good measure and see how it feels.

Reactions: 3 users
I have one of those reverse bleeder syringes. They work great on hard to bleed cars. Glad you figured it out.

Figured out where to mount my catch can/breather. Of course I was two fittings and a foot short on hose to finish.
oh yes I do plan to paint the fan shroud if I decide not to go electric. Hmm since I’m running the big pulley on the crank I wonder if I’m exceeding the clutch fans rating if there is one? Well it’ll move more air I suppose lol

Attachments

• F333B334-EE8A-475F-B28F-3805F145CFA4.jpeg
    F333B334-EE8A-475F-B28F-3805F145CFA4.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 21C11C32-0C8A-49A7-937F-1A4801274C54.jpeg
    21C11C32-0C8A-49A7-937F-1A4801274C54.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 83
Hmm since I’m running the big pulley on the crank I wonder if I’m exceeding the clutch fans rating if there is one?

You cannot exceed fan speed that way. It's the clutch that makes that decision up to and until it fails. On a side note: I've never seen one fail 'closed'.

In other words: The fan clutch will regulate that for you.