Progress Thread She’s a runner

• Sponsors (?)

@a91what thoughts on these? They’re made in the uk for jaguars. They claim 1.5lb add to stock jag. These will fit without machining the snout. Also supposedly machined to grip belt better.

Attachments

• C970E3C5-3BFD-40A2-8D71-ECB4F7033E8F.png
    C970E3C5-3BFD-40A2-8D71-ECB4F7033E8F.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 184
Looks like I’ll be on the dyno May 2. :D
I also ordered a Gates RPM belt. Supposedly it will help with slippage as they are designed for SC applications. We’ll see

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Well the results are in. 336rwhp
Not what i had hoped but not disappointed as i had no goal other than to have a fun unique set up. I am slightly skeptical as my first pull spun the tires on the rollers and my buddy who went with me thought there was some spinning even after the tires were sprayed. It was on a Mustang Dyno that as far as i could tell was pretty old and old enough to still be run on DOS and no working printer because "they want 20k to upgrade my system" My buddy who came along told me he knows someone who's 10.50 sec. chevy only turned 440rwhp on the same dyno..... he was supposed to email me a graph etc but that hasn't happened as of yet. I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture but he kinda rushed us out and said I'll email you the data... None of this is an excuse just what i observed. The other place that is 5 min from my house is opening up again soon so i may schedule a time just to see. According to people i know who've been there its much newer and well maintained.
Any thoughts are welcome, the seat of the pants dyno tells me its more, anyone whos went along for a ride seems to think so as well

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
If it’s fun to drive, it’s fun to drive. Dyno numbers aren’t the end all be all. My car was 330/350, and my tuner had guessed it to be over 400. Mine was done on a dynojet, but even so, it’s whatever. Enjoy the car, and that awesome sound it makes!

Some ideas on this ever evolving project. for starters I'm going to add an additional meth nozzle before the blower to cool the blower itself and hopefully increase boost by helping seal the rotors a bit. I ordered a 1.5gph nozzle for this. I'm also thinking about a bigger intake tube, oval 5"x2.5" that'll go over the top of the blower and angle over to the area where the A/c would be on cars equiped. Then use an oval TB. Gotta check hood clearances etc this would probably be a project for next winter but i can get started mocking things up and gathering parts. Who knows maybe I'll get it done sooner...

Some ideas on this ever evolving project. for starters I'm going to add an additional meth nozzle before the blower to cool the blower itself and hopefully increase boost by helping seal the rotors a bit. I ordered a 1.5gph nozzle for this. I'm also thinking about a bigger intake tube, oval 5"x2.5" that'll go over the top of the blower and angle over to the area where the A/c would be on cars equiped. Then use an oval TB. Gotta check hood clearances etc this would probably be a project for next winter but i can get started mocking things up and gathering parts. Who knows maybe I'll get it done sooner...
You might wanna get a second opinion on that plan. Water dont like to be compressed like air does.

MOF,..water dont like to be compressed at all.

I ordered a stainless elbow but you get the idea. Hopefully it’ll be here tomorrow and I can finish this up.

Attachments

• F403ABD7-C002-465E-B8B1-6B6CCF9BF5DF.jpeg
    F403ABD7-C002-465E-B8B1-6B6CCF9BF5DF.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 89
Went for quick ride. Looks like about 1psi increase but intake temp came down to 124° and it comes down way quicker! Might just be me but seat of the pants it seems to have more power. Slightly richer. I’ll study the log later and maybe pull a little fuel

Are you only spraying before the blower now or both?
The pressure increase was expected, you may try swapping the nozzles and spraying the majority ahead of the blower.
Before and after. Small 1.5 nozzle before. I suppose I could block off the nozzle under the blower and order a 10gph and swap out the 1.5 and see what happens. Not sure I have the motivation to pull the blower to swap out that nozzle though.