Car idle searches then dies after installation of stinger's FMIC

Car was running great, I put on stingers front mount and now the car idle searches and eventually after a few seconds just dies. Any ideas? I'm pretty sure all the hoseclamps are tight connecting all the piping. I also disconnected the battery for a day to reset the computer. How long does it take to re-learn idle, I drove it for 15 min.

• Sponsors (?)

Whats strange is sometimes it will idle perfectly than upon deceleration if I push the clutch in once it reaches around 1k it begin to idle search until the searching fluctuates so much the car just dies. However when it begins to idle search if I rev it to like 4000 in a quick rev the idle will return to normal and it won't idle search. Also if I decellerate very slowly, not pushing the clutch in until the car is at like 1200 then it won't idle search. I tightened every clamp and put teflon around the sensor IAC going into the pipe near the throttle body. I checked and I am only pulling the codes for fan and boost solonoid because I have neither hooked up. Running a gillis and I had a turbocoupe fan on there but the new intercooler piping gets in the way so I am going to have to run a flex-a-lite fan or something of the sort. Very happy with the quality of stinger's product! Someone mentioned you can adjust the idle by turning the allen in the VAM, is this correct?

if you think its an idle problem you need to get yourself an Idle air Bypass Plate. I put one on my car and it smoothed out all my idle problems, including pushing the clutch in and having it die at stoplights. it idles smooth as glass now.

Dr.

KenneBell said:
Whats strange is sometimes it will idle perfectly than upon deceleration if I push the clutch in once it reaches around 1k it begin to idle search until the searching fluctuates so much the car just dies. However when it begins to idle search if I rev it to like 4000 in a quick rev the idle will return to normal and it won't idle search. Also if I decellerate very slowly, not pushing the clutch in until the car is at like 1200 then it won't idle search. I tightened every clamp and put teflon around the sensor IAC going into the pipe near the throttle body. I checked and I am only pulling the codes for fan and boost solonoid because I have neither hooked up. Running a gillis and I had a turbocoupe fan on there but the new intercooler piping gets in the way so I am going to have to run a flex-a-lite fan or something of the sort. Very happy with the quality of stinger's product! Someone mentioned you can adjust the idle by turning the allen in the VAM, is this correct?

that sounds like the vam and bov arent getting along. you have the bov set up as a bypass or blowing to open air?

Dr_EluSivE said:
if you think its an idle problem you need to get yourself an Idle air Bypass Plate. I put one on my car and it smoothed out all my idle problems, including pushing the clutch in and having it die at stoplights. it idles smooth as glass now.

Dr.

Where'd ya get that at? Mine still stumbles a lot of the time when I'm driving and push in the clutch, but it doesn't die, just drops way down for a few seconds and comes back up. Maybe one of those plates would fix mine too.

Red_LX said:
Where'd ya get that at? Mine still stumbles a lot of the time when I'm driving and push in the clutch, but it doesn't die, just drops way down for a few seconds and comes back up. Maybe one of those plates would fix mine too.
well, mine came on one of my spare throttle bodys actually, But its a Ford part. so they shouldnt be too hard to find, Basically its a thin plate with 2 allen Screws in it that you can fine tune your idle air. Mine with actually idle fine now without the IAC even plugged in (idles better if it is though) Heres what it looks like, its the thin plate between the TB and the IAC
DSC02290Medium.jpg

Dr.

Attachments

• DSC02290Medium.jpg
    DSC02290Medium.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 81
Well I'll have to try that, although I switched IAC's before and it didn't affect much. I hope I don't have to adjust the idle too much, as I'm using a 60mm unit and it has one of those stupid studs in there for idle adjustment and the only way to really adjust it is to grip it with pliers and turn it.