Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

11:30. Didn’t get to bed until about 1am. I came in and untaped it this morning. It was like unwrapping a Xmas present. I’ll get some pics of it outside here in a few. It came out awesome! The orange peel is perfect. All I’m going to have to do is denib it in a few spots. I’m stoked man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
No man, he did it. I really have zero experience painting and just wanted it done. He was on a roll anyways, didn’t want to slow him down.

Here’s a few pics of it outside. We took the hood off to do the fender jambs, so know I have to readjust that. It’s not fully closed in the picture.

1446CFC8-2447-43D9-A2F2-1CE66A9E1536.jpeg
D4766C19-A4AF-4844-B40F-1B37ACAEB160.jpeg
6B69F2A9-1E48-4DD6-8E7E-9EA3973C5019.jpeg
21AE54A5-5D1B-41E2-8BCB-A3A62F32BA89.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
I got new door moldings in yesterday. The only parts that need painted are those and the spoiler. Oh yeah, all trim black trim pieces and quarter glasses too. Those I’ll do.

Reactions: 2 users
Started putting it back together. I’ve got too many parts laying around the shop that could get damaged, I want to get them back on the car. I’m beat from helping getting it painted late last night. Going home.
7DE7E48E-A438-4644-B094-67BFF3D27E5C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
So I’m really not liking the way this front cover fits the front edges of the hood. I know it’s an aftermarket and really don’t have the $300 to spend on a new cover. I was really hoping it was just in the sway that my car had in the front end. It looks alright on the sides where it meets up with the fenders but it’s bugging me on top. My fender to hood gaps are pretty much even all the way down. I know even from the factory these didn’t fit the best up top. What do all of your guys cars look like up there? Would you guys mind taking some picture of your front covers up top and post some pics please? Here’s mine right now, but I’m still not done with it yet. Or I’m just being picky?

EA915256-372A-4E8B-8E22-BBC3A6B21EA1.jpeg
8D9A8EDA-0726-4E9E-859A-F2FC72D63756.jpeg
5109C474-F980-404A-A0B3-B3C5821177CC.jpeg

And the drivers side of the hood, down by the blinker. I don’t think I can get this any better. Messed with it for a while tonight after work. I do know a guy that might have a oem bumper I can buy, but it sucks because I have a lot of time repairing this cover, and its painted already. I really thought it would fit better after the front structure got straightened out.

Maybe it’s the way it’s riveted to the headlamp mount panel. I might pull it back off and see if I can adjust it there. Shims aren’t something I like to use but they might work. In between the cover and mount panel? Space it about a little bit? Just thinking out loud. That probably won’t work. :fuss:@Davedacarpainter?

Last edited: