Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

I really like the way my front end lines up after all this. One of the first things I had done was have the frame dude at work pull this front end. It didn’t line up at all before. Kudos to the frame dude, Nick.
EBBD2434-FB84-40FE-9DE3-685A8ADA180A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Super nice man!! Like fresh and clean. And you are correct about AM and they stuff they post on their website like all the panels seem off. I noticed that a long time ago and was like wtf why would they be ok with this for online pics.
Thanks Devil. Yeah, I don’t get that.

Looks fantastic!!!! Your extra work has really really paid off.

What's next on the plan now?
Thanks Stang! I want to pull off my intake and valve covers, paint those, and detail my engine bay. Hopefully I’ll get the lca’s I asked for, for my birthday. I also want to replace all my suspension bushings, shocks, struts. I also want to lower just the front of my car. It sits higher up front. I wish I could find a good set of used springs and do just lower the front. I like the way the rear sits.

Last edited:
Thanks Stang! I want to pull off my intake and valve covers, paint those, and detail my engine bay. Hopefully I’ll get the lca’s I asked for, for my birthday. I also want to replace all my suspension bushings, shocks, struts. I also want to lower just the front of my car. It sits higher up front. I wish I could find a good set of used springs and do just lower the front. I like the way the rear sits. I wish I had money for the 5 lug disk brake upgrade and MM suspension. That’s going to have to wait.
Looks great !
What about a set of front coil overs then you can adjust the height where you want ?

So my rear spring isolators are pretty much shot. I new they were on their way out but they are pretty bad. I was looking under there this weekend when I was putting it back together. I have some new ones that I’ve held on to for a while. What exactly do I have to loosen up to get the springs out? Upper control arms? I can’t remember.

Drive shaft, shocks and lcas, that is what I did but I was replacing the lcas and isolators, be careful with the flexible brake line.

Ok thanks Thief. I guess ill just do everything at once then. Suspension is next on the car. The front isn't too bad, the struts look fairly new, and it rides ok up there. The sway bar bushings look like they have seen better days. Stabilizer link bushings look newer as well. My rear shocks are toast and the spring isolators are pretty much gone. Metal to metal back there.

Drive shaft, shocks and lcas, that is what I did but I was replacing the lcas and isolators, be careful with the flexible brake line.

Don't even need that much.

Unbolt the shocks and quads (if equipped) and remove the rear sway bar. Then using a pair of jacks, lift one side of the rear up and lower the other and you can pull the spring out by hand. very easy

So my rear spring isolators are pretty much shot. I new they were on their way out but they are pretty bad. I was looking under there this weekend when I was putting it back together. I have some new ones that I’ve held on to for a while. What exactly do I have to loosen up to get the springs out? Upper control arms? I can’t remember.

In the rear? Unbolt the shock, rear swaybar and put a jack under the opposite side and jack up slightly it should allow enough room to pull the spring out. Slap isolator spring and put spring back in making sure the coil end faces the current way. I can't remember which way is correcdt someone else can cham in but I believe the tail needs to face back facing the rear end of car.

Car looks fantactic by the way and love the roh wheels

Reactions: 1 user
In the rear? Unbolt the shock, rear swaybar and put a jack under the opposite side and jack up slightly it should allow enough room to pull the spring out. Slap isolator spring and put spring back in making sure the coil end faces the current way. I can't remember which way is correcdt someone else can cham in but I believe the tail needs to face back facing the rear end of car.

Car looks fantactic by the way and love the roh wheels

Thanks Pimp! Yeah, the pigtail part of the spring faces rear if I remember right.