Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

I stayed and got my quarter glass moldings sanded with 600 grit, and used a red scotch brite on all my black trim and door handles. The mirrors were pitted so I sanded those pits out with 600 and these are all ready for paint. Curious to see how my quarter glasses come out.

21A89CD4-54C5-4DEA-BEF3-4A7E3AA0A6AB.jpeg
574E6CC4-F32C-407F-B03C-EF37B72AE5FC.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Blake, it looks so good man, I'm so jealous of that nice shiny white GT. I really liked what you did with the cowl.
Thanks Death! I'm pretty happy with the way its turning out. I also debated painting the top of the cowl where the grill would cover black too. I still might do that.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Death! I'm pretty happy with the way its turning out. I also debated painting the top of the cowl where the grill would cover black too. I still might do that.

I always thought mine looked strange with red under the black cowl cover. I bet it would look good if you did it all black!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Taking the car home finally after 2 1/2 months. I’m excited to drive it and show the family. Came in at 6am to finish it. I think it came out nice.
E125723A-E1DD-4837-9BDE-0FF4CAD7654B.jpeg
A5784ACC-481D-4D71-BCA5-B2A2693D671F.jpeg
3F2DD3D8-3EC6-4084-A3C6-6E83D13F28DB.jpeg
BE057E47-2209-4440-AABC-CC8AEF669ACA.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users
Cool, thanks. Mine is Vibrant White. I don’t remember the code at the moment, I was curious if yours was the same as mine. Either way, it looks beautiful. Nice work indeed.
Should be the same. What year is your car? Check the bottom left of your vin tag on your door. You should see 9L.

I guess they changed it up in the five years difference between our cars. Probably the same color. My car is pretty vibrant right now. Gotta wear shades when I look at it. Especially in the NM sun. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user