car stalls when taken out of gear after cruising speeds

01MachGT

Mar 20, 2004
Marshalltown, IA
Sometimes when I take the car out of gear after cruising down the highway for a while it will stall. I'm kind of curious as to why this is.

I'm guessing that the blower creates more drag on the serpentine belt and that causes the stall, but that's just a theory.

• Sponsors (?)

Did it stall right after you installed the blower? What are your mods? Have you heard similar complaints from other members with a similar setup? Sorry for all the questions, and I probably won't be able to personally answer your question, but I'm pretty sure that someone here can help if you provide those details.

Well, it did it a couple of times before the blower but only when I had forgotten to attach the spring on the throttle body after I installed the shaker.

It did it again today as I was slowing down and making a turn, I almost ran into an f250 cuz of it too. (steering got really stiff of course) I wonder if I can get a hanging idle programmed into my tune so it hangs at 1200 rpm for a second before dropping to the 800 rpm. It happens occasionally. Not a frequent occurance but enough to be troublesome

that seems like the problem others have had including myself. i dont know if the blower had anything to do with it.

same situation happend to me when i first got the car. couplle of times. once trurnig just like you and i was on the breaks also. and once just driving strait and it stalled going like 60. i almost hit someone too. very rediculas (sorry spelling) on fords part.

so i took it in stock of course and they replaced it iac and reflashed the cpu. i dont know which one fixed the problem but one did. it hasnt done it