Paint and Body Ceramic coatings on paint - who’s used what

96pushrod

I think they're a little easier to get off
5 Year Member
May 15, 2018
Savannah
I’m curious what everyone’s experience has been with ceramic paint coating. Either professionally applied or self applied, opinions on either would be appreciated. My 95 should be painted tonight, I know you it takes time before the ceramic can be applied.

If you know brand of coating or who applied it, that would be great!

Little peek of the color.

9F123392-104D-4538-9116-854364FB019B.jpeg

24E77700-5626-4949-BDD0-29805522FD59.jpeg

On a side note, this is my first time going through tcp global for paint. I gotta say, their mix and delivery time and product has been pretty top notch. They also have a really good selection of colors at really great prices if anyone is looking for product. Highly recommended.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Armor shield IX By Avalon King
Can be self applied and has great results for a fair price ($119)
YouTube Nate Rider posted a great vid of its effects on his gt500

Just a note, Jay Leno advertises a spray on ceramic coating in the Haggerty mag I get, thinking about trying it.

I’ll defintely look into that one.
Armor shield IX By Avalon King
Can be self applied and has great results for a fair price ($119)
YouTube Nate Rider posted a great vid of its effects on his gt500

I was on Avalon kings site and their stuff looked pretty legit. I’ll look him up.
Reef blue ?

It’s actually dark teal metallic. Never actually came on a mustang.

Reactions: 1 user
I've used Chemical Guys and F11 top coat on the seedos/boat. Does help water bead off better than wax other than that can't say much, Wax/coat them once a year.

Chemical guys goes on like wax, f11 is spray bottle and easier to apply.

I had my Ceramic Pro done at Wilde Art in Lancaster, NY. The also did my custom work, design and install with 3m vinyl. I love the CP and it makes it easy to care for my daily driver all winter long. I don't have a garage so being able to pull into a Laserwash type no touch car wash and pull out with a just waxed shine is easy. In the summer I do a simple spray/hand wash and use a leaf blower for the hands off blow dry. I did a complete CP ~ wheels off and interior. Also did GlassParency. Having the wheels done sure makes them easy to remove road and brake dust. Just spray with water and wipe what is missed at the car wash.

I had my Ceramic Pro done at Wilde Art in Lancaster, NY. The also did my custom work, design and install with 3m vinyl. I love the CP and it makes it easy to care for my daily driver all winter long. I don't have a garage so being able to pull into a Laserwash type no touch car wash and pull out with a just waxed shine is easy. In the summer I do a simple spray/hand wash and use a leaf blower for the hands off blow dry. I did a complete CP ~ wheels off and interior. Also did GlassParency. Having the wheels done sure makes them easy to remove road and brake dust. Just spray with water and wipe what is missed at the car wash.

Nice, thanks for the reponse!

I bought 5 kits of the Avalon king ceramic coating. I plan to do the whole car twice and then do wheels and the windows. For $199 shipped on everything it was tough to pass up. Plus, they seem to have great reviews. Since my car’s paint is only 2 1/2 months old and I’ve barely driven it, the prep should be a snap.

Nice, thanks for the reponse!

I bought 5 kits of the Avalon king ceramic coating. I plan to do the whole car twice and then do wheels and the windows. For $199 shipped on everything it was tough to pass up. Plus, they seem to have great reviews. Since my car’s paint is only 2 1/2 months old and I’ve barely driven it, the prep should be a snap.
Good Luck. and enjoy the results.

I’m curious what everyone’s experience has been with ceramic paint coating. Either professionally applied or self applied, opinions on either would be appreciated. My 95 should be painted tonight, I know you it takes time before the ceramic can be applied.

If you know brand of coating or who applied it, that would be great!

Little peek of the color.

9F123392-104D-4538-9116-854364FB019B.jpeg

24E77700-5626-4949-BDD0-29805522FD59.jpeg

On a side note, this is my first time going through tcp global for paint. I gotta say, their mix and delivery time and product has been pretty top notch. They also have a really good selection of colors at really great prices if anyone is looking for product. Highly recommended.
Love the color...you can see why, sold the saab to buy the Mustang, really loved the color ( the car wasn't too bad either)
2006 Saab 9 3 Aero Anniversary #283 Electric Blue.jpg