Chris from Washington State

cwoolington

Aug 1, 2021
Washington
Don't try to pick a forum without your glasses on you will get the year mixed up....hahaha. Here is where I wanted to post first.

Hello everyone,
So excited to be apart of this collective of minds in the mustang genre. I am about to embark on my first adventure with the 91 foxbody. Its going from EFI (pain in my butt) to all new old school carb. I will be doing all detail process along the way. Look forward to the groups help and insight.

More to come soon.

Cheers.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to forum. You won't get much support on the carb swap here. There are a handful of carb Mustangs here, but most of the regular contributors have factory fuel injection. There number of people using aftermarket EFI is growing on this group.

Kurt

The carb swap is now kinda expensive unless you have all the required parts already. I've done them a few times, back in the day, before aftermarket efi stuff was affordable. I went the MSPNP2 route and it's actually cheaper or near even with a correct carb swap. You need to drop the tank and delete the fuel pump, buy the correct carburetor,, add a carb pump, buy a regulator, fuel adapters for carb, the carb intake, vacuum advance distributor, various gaskets, throttle linkage adaptation, and various hoses / lines to make it all work.

Reactions: 2 users
If all the EFI stuff is there, why not give it a go? It’s reliable if it’s how it should be.

If you insist on converting to carb, don’t hack up or throw out anything you take off the car. That stuff is worth good money.

Reactions: 1 user
If all the EFI stuff is there, why not give it a go? It’s reliable if it’s how it should be.

If you insist on converting to carb, don’t hack up or throw out anything you take off the car. That stuff is worth good money.
I like carbs. I’m not sure I’ll ever upgrade one of my 60’s cars to EFI.
but in a car that already has EFI, after warning you that John is right, and telling you that reading Jrichker’s threads on how the factory EFI works is absolutely worth the learning curve, I’ll still try to help.

Reactions: 1 users