clutch pedal feels rough near end of travel

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
this came about yesterday, the pedals works fine,clutch still engages and works perfect just when it almost get to the end of its throw it the pedal has a rough feel almost like the cable is rubbing on something.

i got under the dash and cant visually see anything wrong. i shot some WD40 up in the sleeve where the cable goes out the firewall. lubed the pegs where the quadrant attaches and shot some down on the end of the cable that touches the fork. it did nothing.

like i said before the car drive the same, nothing has changed the clutch still engages and works perfectly just has the rough feeling in the pedal. i cant tell if its rubbing inside or if its down on the TOB or input shaft bearing retainer.

just seeing if anyone has dealt with this before

i am running the FRPP or Steeda ( cant remember lol) double hook quadrant and FRPP adjustable clutch cable.

• Sponsors (?)

I would think the cable might be the culprit.....Most of the cables that I have had go bad start by getting a weird feeling at the end of travel. Almost like you can feel the texture of the cable.

i found it, i was under there the other day and i had moved the hood latch cable around so i could see some stuff better and had put the hood latch cable around a nut and it was hitting the pedal and rubbing

i feel dumb now lol.