• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Engine Common 'start/stall' issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter General karthief
  • Start date Start date Oct 25, 2021

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,059
10,684
213
polk county florida
Oct 25, 2021
#1
  • Oct 25, 2021
  • #1

Copied from private conversation, I can only guess from the frequency that I somehow hold the secret 'fix', well, it's still a secret.​

avelis32​

New Member​

Oct 24, 202100025Utah
Yesterday at 11:03 PMNew
Hello General karthief,

My name is Alex. I am new to forums I have a 93 Mustang GT I am having an issue with and I am at a complete loss at this point. A little history to this car is I bought it about 5 years ago completely stock in running condition. A few months later I wanted more power so I pulled the motor and did a mild build. Having some drivability issues about a year about I put in a new distributor and did a TFI relocation kit with a brand new TFI module. That fixed the shutting off issue and I drove the car for a little while until the lower intake started leaking and I was getting excessive blow by. I decided to pull the motor back in April and put in a completely stock 5.0 out of my friends 93. Before I put it in my car I installed a new timing chain, resealed the entire motor, installed a new water pump, new push rods and lifters, I had the stock heads slightly decked and had new springs installed, new IAC, TPS, and rest of the sensors. So it is pretty much back to stock. Once it was back together I went to fire it up and it'll crank, start and rev for literally a second then die. I have followed jrichker's crank no start checklist to a T. I have spark all the way to the plugs, I have compression, a have fuel pressure at the rail (40 psi), injectors pulse, all grounds are good, I had a tuner on it for my last motor that I took out, new pump, new ignition switch. The car will run while spraying starting fluid into the TB but don't know what else to check. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Like Quote Reply
Report IP

[ATTACH=full]686252[/ATTACH]

General karthief​

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair​


Mod Dude
Aug 25, 201620,3286,902203polk county florida
6 minutes ago
While I appreciate the confidence in my mechanical ability I am not an expert, I barely qualify to check oil, so I will move this to the fox tech forums, I will give my opinion after a question or two.
Checked for codes?
Checked tire pressure?

SN Certified Googler
My idiot light is on:

AKA Private Carjacker
https://stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/the-exxon-valdez-is-speaking-to-me.903839/
 

Attachments

  • 212091.webp
    2 KB · Views: 224
Last edited: Oct 25, 2021

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
6,946
5,818
213
Oct 25, 2021
#2
  • Oct 25, 2021
  • #2
Check the 10 pin connectors for the injector harness. Run codes.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,059
10,684
213
polk county florida
Oct 25, 2021
#3
  • Oct 25, 2021
  • #3
Good lord, I can screw up one car funeral, let me hit this guy up so he knows where his post is
@avelis32 .
And I agree with checking the ten pin con too.
And the connections for the TFI extension.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Strange timing issue
  • 92 Bimini Blue
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
14
Views
311
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sunday at 11:53 AM
highplace11
H
A
1987 5.0 speed density Foxbody crank no start
  • Alan2204
  • May 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
468
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 30, 2026
Mcmahst
D
Mustang not starting
  • Dawry Ramos
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 Specific Tech
Replies
10
Views
251
2015 - 2023 Specific Tech Saturday at 9:20 AM
Dawry Ramos
D
M
Electrical 93 5.0 No Injector Pulse
  • machinermac
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
385
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 1, 2026
Willybill32
C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
176
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?